cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Water Tank Location

Weetomah
Explorer
Explorer
In April we bought a 2023 Wildwood Heritage Glen 22RKHL travel trailer.
We have not been able to locate where the fresh water tank is or where the drain hose is to drain the remaining water out of it. It is a rear kitchen unit and we have looked everywhere under the trailer but cannot locate the tank or the Low Point Drain hoses. We did find 2 hoses but they were connected to the bottom of the trailer and were capped off.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12

debrhardt
Explorer
Explorer
the two low point hoses drain the water in the plumbing. the fresh water tank won't be too far from you fresh water fill. the drain for the fresh water tank could be anywhere.
my tank is between the axles and the drain is in the front under the tongue which is about 12 feet from the tank.

Weetomah
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I will look again. It makes sense that it would be near the fresh water tank. Nothing is easy!

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Weetomah wrote:
Thank you for your reply. No, we don't have a park model. The only things that we have a T handle on are the drains to empty the black and gray water. We are looking for a way to drain the remaining water out of the fresh water tank so it does not stay in the tank for too long once we get home, especially if we are not going back out again for awhile.

find your fill cap, then look under the rv at around that point and there should be a hose with a cap or valve on it hanging down (might look like a 3rd low point drain) that should be your way of emptying the freshwater tank.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
First, the water coming out of the low point drains is from the system that feeds your faucets, shower and toilet. Those caps are holding pressure when you have street water or the pump is on.
Wherever your fresh fill is the tank will be below that. Sometimes the tank drain is behind a frame rail or otherwise hidden. A creeper and a good look at the bottom and you may discover all the answers you need.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Weetomah
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your reply. No, we don't have a park model. The only things that we have a T handle on are the drains to empty the black and gray water. We are looking for a way to drain the remaining water out of the fresh water tank so it does not stay in the tank for too long once we get home, especially if we are not going back out again for awhile.

Rigdon
Explorer
Explorer
On most trailers the fresh water tank is near the axles to help with a full tanks load. Most of the drains have a larger valve with a T handle. Unless you have a "park model".
Steve & Karen

Weetomah
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, but then where is the water coming from that does come out of those hoses? We have had 2 other travel trailers and a Class A but they were all older and we have never encountered any of these things and the dealership hasn't been very helpful.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Those two hoses that are capped off, those are your low point drains. Unscrew the caps and the water pours out. However, Those won’t drain the fresh water tank.

Weetomah
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, I will check it out!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try asking here, https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Weetomah
Explorer
Explorer
We used to have a Class A motorhome and that is where the tank was also, but not on this travel trailer. We were told that it is by the sink but not able to locate it.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't have that model but, on my Class C, the water tank is under the queen bed, the hoses that are capped are my low point drains, the tank drain valve is next to the tank. I know they're not all the same but, it's someplace to start.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund