cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin 1095 Mount

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
For those that have a 1090 or 1095, how did you mount it? We have a 2019 Tiffin RED 37BA and want to mount it to the right of the driver. Have not tried to mount it at all, yet.
4 REPLIES 4

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
dkilley wrote:
Hi. To mount our 1090 we purchased a flat plate from Amazon that has an adhesive sticker on bottom to attach it to our dash. Our dash is not smooth so the suction cup provided does not stay attached. The flat plate must be same size or larger than the suction cup or it will not work.
We love the unit and certainly enjoy the large screen.
Great idea. Do you have a link? My initial search found a lot of metal ones, a few plastic but many of the plastic have rough surface.

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. To mount our 1090 we purchased a flat plate from Amazon that has an adhesive sticker on bottom to attach it to our dash. Our dash is not smooth so the suction cup provided does not stay attached. The flat plate must be same size or larger than the suction cup or it will not work.
We love the unit and certainly enjoy the large screen.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
agesilaus wrote:
Well my Garmin RV990 I asume is similar. The suction cup stopped working and I ended up screwing it to the center overhead. Depends on how much a couple of screw holes bothers you in the dash.

Thanks. I assume you mean RV890. We don't mind using screws when needed.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well my Garmin RV990 I asume is similar. The suction cup stopped working and I ended up screwing it to the center overhead. Depends on how much a couple of screw holes bothers you in the dash.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper