cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

garmin 1090 goes to sleep

skipper13
Explorer
Explorer
We have a garmin 1090 that worked great until our trip home from Florida this spring. After about 30 min. it goes to sleep mode and has to be restarted. It does this while connected to 12 volt power. The settings state the it will do this only when on internal battery. Ordered new power cord but no change. Anyone else have this problem and how did you correct it.

Thanks
2002 Coachmen Cross Country
Skip and Cindy
8 REPLIES 8

skipper13
Explorer
Explorer
That is what mine does after a update.
Skip and Cindy

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I have an old NUVI 1300 that I have had for years. A couple months ago I updated the maps and it has been doing this same thing ever since. It just randomly goes to sleep and I have to reach up and tap the power button. Doesnt lose any info or anything. It just pops back up like nothing happened.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

skipper13
Explorer
Explorer
thanks i'll check that tomorrow
Skip and Cindy

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I hate DC mouse holes.
They are a terrible power connection.
A client had one that drove him crazy.
I came along with my mouse hole stretcher that includes a voltage display. We both watched as it periodically blinked 00.00 and then snapped back. It was actually a bad connection in the shell assembly but I got it.....
Matt_C
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My Garmin misbehaves when it gets really hot from the sun.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
skipper13 wrote:
lighter plug under dash but have tried 3 different plug-ins with same results
Check the plug voltage plus those plug connections can be iffy so check the voltage at the other end of the wire.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

skipper13
Explorer
Explorer
lighter plug under dash but have tried 3 different plug-ins with same results
Skip and Cindy

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
What is your power source? Is it possible the plug is not putting out any /correct voltage?