cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who makes the shocks?

5th_Wheeler_JJ
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2023 Jayco 31MB, it comes with a four-star handling package, which includes shock absorber mounts.
The distance between the mounds is 10 1/2 inches.
The only shocks I found that might fit, have a 7 1/2 inch compressed length
Which would only give a 1 inch of stroke so that won’t work.
The dealer email jayco a month ago and still got no reply!
What’s up with that! I think I discovered a design flaw.
Just wondering if anyone else ran into this problem or may have found shocks that fit.
14 REPLIES 14

5th_Wheeler_JJ
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure not with unit . Maybe 8” to 10”
But with that 7.5” compressed I’m losing 1.5 to 2” more with the shock side bushings
I’m looking at the stroke length which would only give me a inch or so right.?

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
How much travel are you looking for? 11” between mounts, and a 12” extended length of shock. Compressed is 7.5” so total shock travel is 4.5”. With weight on tires is it 10.5” between mounts, what is tire to wheel well clearance?
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

5th_Wheeler_JJ
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that only gave me 11” with wheels off the ground.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
5th Wheeler JJ wrote:
Tryed every where, auto parts, dexter, lippert , etrailer.
That’s where I’m thinking a Jayco welded the upper bracket to the frame in the wrong place, that’s why I can’t find a shock that will fit.

This might sound like a stupid question but have you tried jacking up the trailer by the frame?
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The MORryde shock absorbing equalizers will give you the same effect of neutralizing things like expansion joints and will soften hits from potholes and such. I don't know why they work but they really do and would be a simple bolt in for you.
Either way, it's worth doing as it stops the jarring action of hitting this stuff from coming through to the tow vehicle - it's really an amazing improvement.

5th_Wheeler_JJ
Explorer
Explorer
Tryed every where, auto parts, dexter, lippert , etrailer.
That’s where I’m thinking a Jayco welded the upper bracket to the frame in the wrong place, that’s why I can’t find a shock that will fit.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
When I installed shocks on my last TT, I found Monroe had a line of trailer shocks. They worked well for me.

5th_Wheeler_JJ
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the yellow ones they have an 8 1/2 inch compressed length could not even get the stems in the holes.
The black ones (standard)are the ones with the 7 1/2 inch compressed length which if you do the math with the bushings you lose approximately 1 1/2” with the bushings, so that only leaves about 1 inch or so of stroke, if they would even fit in the holes. I only have 10 1/2 inches between the mounts.
I contacted Lippert and dexter axle, and they couldn’t even give me an answer.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a lipert option.....Lipert RV shocks
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

5th_Wheeler_JJ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2011 Jayco Eagle the axles are on the bottom of the spring I used Monroe 555025 . IIRC etrailer has 2lengths & the longer one is the yellow ( same as Monroe ) & a shorter black one Monroee does have an online chart with the demensions and travel lengths.

5th_Wheeler_JJ
Explorer
Explorer
12”

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
5th Wheeler JJ wrote:
I have a 2023 Jayco 31MB, it comes with a four-star handling package, which includes shock absorber mounts.
The distance between the mounds is 10 1/2 inches.
The only shocks I found that might fit, have a 7 1/2 inch compressed length
Which would only give a 1 inch of stroke so that won’t work.
The dealer email jayco a month ago and still got no reply!j
What’s up with that! I think I discovered a design flaw.
Just wondering if anyone else ran into this problem or may have found shocks that fit.

What is the extended length?
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look for identification tag on your axles to determine who made them. Check etrailer for some. Possible Dexter

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker