cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric fireplace

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an electric fireplace at an RV salvage lot. New but without a remote. We tested it before we left and I started tearing apart the cabinet under the TV. Of course it was more difficult than I thought it would be. I had to re position a fuse panel, re run wiring, move an outlet, move the stereo, and build some panels from scraps. It looks nice and works great!
12 REPLIES 12

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
It seems every project is more trouble than expected, but it is fun working out solutions tonthe problems!

jwolf55
Explorer
Explorer
We put one in ours only it was a surface mount with a 750 and 1500 watt electric heater in it. The description said it was only 3.9 inches deep, but when I got it it was closer to 5" with the mounting bracket. So it took a little more work than planned, I had to cut off the bottom of 1/4 thick plate glass mirror to allow it to clear the slide. I also had to install and electrical outlet for it so a quick install turned in to 2 days of work. Since my RV has been in storage I don't have a shot of it completed but here a few on the install. We added it for the electric heat more than the fireplace so we didn't have to used propane when we were plugged in at a campsite. The heat comes out the top so it doesn't effect the slide or the banquette. This model also has different color led (disco) lights on the sides that we do not use, cost was $118 from Amazon.

Jay Wolf
Vincennes IN
2000 National Tradewinds 7373

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Great job.

I would like to replace the bottom part with a tv monitor. I could use a program to display a waterfall, aquarium, or a fireplace. The heater part is in the top so it would be easy to separate the two.

For some reason my wife just does not like the idea. Heck, she let me build an airplane in the garage. She knows I can do it. Guess she does not want the mess in the living room of the RV.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
looks really good
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Mike_LeClair
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! Excellent work, a nice clean install!

Cheers!

Mike
Something Old, Something New
2012 F350 SRW, 6.7l Powerstroke, 3.55's front and rear.
2008 Fleetwood Regal 325RKTS
Mike, Carol and our 4 legged "furry child" Kenzie Shweenie Tod

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
There you go. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice job and very clean install.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice job. Looks great. I'd be very proud of that.

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks!

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Are you using this for the pics.
Open that link
Click blue select box
Choose your pic from pics or documents etc and click open
Highlight the text in the box and copy it
Come back to your post in here and paste it.

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I will be back with photos!

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Delete