cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boston RV parks

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to spend a few days touring Boston. Is there an RV park nearby that is easy access to the city by public transportation or that has a shuttle to the city?
12 REPLIES 12

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
buta4 wrote:
lmpres wrote:
Normandy Farms is the best by far.

Best if one likes "fluff" as opposed to "function" as Wompatuck State Park offers.

Wompatuck is FAR less expensive too - needless fluff costs money.
Compare rates.

If "fluff" means water, electric and sewer, then you are correct.

I agree FHU vs. electric only is a different experience.
While I have no issues with electric only sites at some point electric only is more work vs. a FHU site.
I understand why many would want the convenience of a FHU site even if they spend all day away from the CG touring the city.
After spending all day walking around many do not want to deal with the hassle of filling or emptying their tanks when they return to the RV.
I do not consider full hook ups fluff. Many consider it a necessity.;)

Yes but what could possibly need to be refilled or dumped if you are out touring the city most of the day? Remember in the NE it doesn't get dark until late during the summer.

Still, it's nice that this area has so many choices to decide what fits an individual's needs.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
jplante4 wrote:
buta4 wrote:
lmpres wrote:

Best if one likes "fluff" as opposed to "function" as Wompatuck State Park offers.

Compare rates.

I agree FHU vs. electric only is a different experience.
While I have no issues with electric only sites at some point electric only is more work vs. a FHU site.
I understand why many would want the convenience of a FHU site even if they spend all day away from the CG touring the city.
After spending all day walking around many do not want to deal with the hassle of filling or emptying their tanks when they return to the RV.
I do not consider full hook ups fluff. Many consider it a necessity.;)
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
buta4 wrote:
lmpres wrote:

Compare rates.

The OP indicates he wants a jumping off point to visit the City of Boston.
He does not indicate any desire of dilly dallying around an expensive Resort for upwards of $50 a night.
Ray

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say anything about Minuteman since I really know nothing of it.

Normandy Farms is a FHU with a lot of auxiliary amenities and charges accordingly.

Wompatuck is a state park with about half the sites offering electric hookups.

Both campgrounds are close to mass transit but Normandy Farms is a bit further away. I would check to see what the cost difference and transport schedules are to help make a decision as to where to stay.

Were I planning to tour a pedestrian friendly city with lots to keep me out of the campground not sure I'd be focused on swimming pools, arts and crafts facilities, or movies back at the campground since prolly wouldn't get the benefits of it. For my way of thinking NF and possibly Minuteman, would be great if I was planning an extended visit in the area and could break up time visiting Boston.

I've made the "mistake" of playing tour guide with friends visiting NYC. We come back home foot tired, "fight" for shower usage then collapse in the nearest available cushy chair. Sometimes I can't even muster the energy to heat up a meal and with my last remaining strength feebly dial the phone for takeout;).

This is the mindset urban visitors should concentrate on so my vote given the stated time frame (a few days) and objective of the OP (touring) would go to the state park. I'd spend the money saved on an especially nice meal or spa treatments in Boston/Philly/SF....you get the picture, LOL.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
One man's "fluff" is another man's entertainment...... NF has everything you could ever ask for in a CG and yes, they are a bit more expensive. Everyone has an opinion, but the truth lies in exactly what you are looking for.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
buta4 wrote:
lmpres wrote:

Compare rates.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
lmpres wrote:

Compare rates.
Ray

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Wompatuck State Park has large and private sites. Less expensive than the others. Ferry service from nearby Hingham harbor of you have a vehicle to access the harbor.
Ray

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer

dieselbobcat
Explorer
Explorer
rv2go wrote:
We have stayed at the Minuteman Campground while visiting Boston.

x2
2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2016 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Ultimate 4X4 6.2L

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of choices

Boston Minuteman

Normandy Farms

Both are close to Commuter rail into Boston. I believe Normandy has a shuttle to the rail station.

Wompatuck is close to the commuter boat that brings you to the Wharf area.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the Minuteman Campground while visiting Boston.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog