cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco Slide Maint/Repair Review

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I had Chris T. of Talin Mfg measure our coach for some replacement awnings while at the Rambli'n Pushers MS rally in 2016. He also inspected our slides. The bedroom slide was in need of some recaulking, but otherwise in good shape. We did discuss the Guardian Plates being something for the future. On older Monaco products, it is a problem for the slide wall to floor joints to start leaking and cause the floor to rot. I did order the Guardian Plates and install them late summer 2016 for the Bedroom slide.
I had Chris measure the living room slide at the 2017 MS rally as well as the bedroom slide for the plates for under the rollers since there was signs of some wear from the rollers. I also wanted to be proactive and prevent problems. I put about 8 hours into the work over 2 days.
I finished installing everything last week and was an fairly simple job if you have good mechanical skills.
Key things:
This will eliminate any chance of slide floor rot that Monaco products are susceptible to.
They look very good and give things a fresh updated look.
The slides are actually quieter with the Guardian plates when moving in or out!
They also run much smoother and sound as if the motor is having an easier time moving things.
I highly recommend them!
I also found out as I worked on the install that I have one of the Monaco experimental flush floor slides with rollers after the lift blocks instead of a glide bar.
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
0 REPLIES 0