cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older Bounder~What lights do these swtiches control?

KeninAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Older 2000 Bounder, Ford Chassis.
I have two light switches that I am not sure what lights they control.
One on the driver's armrests says "clearance lights" I assume this is for outside clearance lights at night when parked?
Also, on the genset tank level panel there is a switch marked "utility lights".
The books the previous owners left shown nothing for either switch.
2000 Bounder 31M Class A~oldie but goodie
Acme EZE Tow Dolly towing 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
5 REPLIES 5

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
sdbounderdiesel wrote:
On my Bounder Diesel the utility light switch turns on the lights in the engine bay at the rear of the bus. I think it may also turn on a light in the freshwater hookup/ gray water/black water dump compartment. Clearance lights are for the rows of lights on front edge (amber) and rear edge of roof (red).

This is how my '07 is. The "utility" switch does, in fact, turn on the light in the engine compartment, the wet bay, electrical bay, and the light in the genny compartment in the front. I figured utility meant anything you might consider utility area at home.

The "cc" switch is for the clearance lights, to signal others it's safe to pull back into the lane when passing and to say "thank you". Not sure what the "cc" means......maybe, courtesy clearance....I dunno.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

sdbounderdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
On my Bounder Diesel the utility light switch turns on the lights in the engine bay at the rear of the bus. I think it may also turn on a light in the freshwater hookup/ gray water/black water dump compartment. Clearance lights are for the rows of lights on front edge (amber) and rear edge of roof (red).

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
On Bounders in the 90s, the utility light switch turns on the under hood light and the left side, out side, utility light.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I think the Utility switch turns the light on in the wet bay and clearance switch works like a ICC light switch. I had a Pace set up that way.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
its been years since I had my Bounder but I think the utility lights switch is for the basement compartments & or the "scare light" on the driver's side.
bumpy