cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dish satellite

skipper13
Explorer
Explorer
has dish removed sat. from it line up. my reciever will pick up 110, 119, but not 129. on the point dish screen it shows 121 and then 148.
2002 Coachmen Cross Country
Skip and Cindy
9 REPLIES 9

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will the removal affect the Wally that I try to use in the MH? I have seen no difference in the home set up reception.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
You could be on the edge of the spot beam. You can't get your home locals all over the Country. You would need to change which locals you receive as you travel around. 60 miles "could" move you into a different market but it usually takes more distance than that.

skipper13
Explorer
Explorer
I get my locals from myrtle beach and I am 60 miles away
Skip and Cindy

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
skipper13 wrote:
I get all my channels but my locals are not in HD. is there a fix for this?

Maybe not. Where do your locals come from and where are you now?

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
skipper13 wrote:

It may be by where your locals are. My locals are from Denver and I'm getting them in HD right now.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
skipper13 wrote:
has dish removed sat. from it line up. my reciever will pick up 110, 119, but not 129. on the point dish screen it shows 121 and then 148.

129 was removed from Dish service due to the lease expiring as the satellite is reaching end of service life. All channels on 129 were moved to 110 or 119.

That would've been nice to know before I cussed out my Dish equipment yesterday trying to setup. I had all 3 sats in clear view and kept getting the "Not all sats found" message.

I did the same thing yesterday, Dutch. I think I moved my dish about 8 times trying to get a 129 signal thru some trees. I think I had to drink an extra beer or two because of the frustration caused by it.
I guess it will be a good thing for the future because 129 always had the weak signal. But shame on Dish for not notifying their customers.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

skipper13
Explorer
Explorer
Skip and Cindy

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
skipper13 wrote:

129 was removed from Dish service due to the lease expiring as the satellite is reaching end of service life. All channels on 129 were moved to 110 or 119.

That would've been nice to know before I cussed out my Dish equipment yesterday trying to setup. I had all 3 sats in clear view and kept getting the "Not all sats found" message.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
skipper13 wrote:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate