cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Wally

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if the Dish Wally has been updated to operate on less than 3 satellites yet? There were some issues with that before Christmas.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed
10 REPLIES 10

d_denver
Explorer
Explorer
On two different occasions I had problems with my Wally when it couldn't see all three satellites. Its very frustrating. I hope Dish resolves this issue.
2002 34' Holiday Rambler Pusher
2005 VW Convertible toad
2008 Dodge 4x4 "Power Wagon" toad

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
I have read recently you must have all three the first time you connect and it updates itself, then after that it doesn't matter. We had a lot of 129 troubles this summer for some reason. For example we were in Vegas then Laughlin and no 129 using Vegas locals. We changed to Phoenix locals and no problem with 129. Weird stuff all summer.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
Mile high
I haven't been without "seeing " all three in some time.... . Since I transferred the Wally to the rv.
to be honest, I guess I haven't either for a while. Maybe I'm making more out of it than I need to.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mile high
I haven't been without "seeing " all three in some time.... . Since I transferred the Wally to the rv.
Bill

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went through three 211Zs (POSs as far as I'm concerned) before replacing the last one with a Wally just two weeks ago. We use it with a Pathway X2 antenna and it works great. We also have a hard drive connected to record programs.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
I have been told it has. I have also been told even the original as long as it's initially set up on a functioning 3 lnb full dish it will then work on the single sat lnb portables. I have a traveller so it works fine. Supposedly no more problem.

Ah, we must have been typing at the same time. So yours does seem to work? even if you don't get that low lying 129? I do have the Travler, but sometimes here in the mountains it has trouble with 129.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
For some reason, the Wally would not finish switch connect until it connected to all 3 satellites. If you couldn't get 129, it wouldn't work. Thats what I read on all the reviews.

I got the 211z, which works fine, but it does not have UHF remote or wifi, which is kind of a pain in the keester.

I was hoping to go to the Wally if they fixed that software.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been told it has. I have also been told even the original as long as it's initially set up on a functioning 3 lnb full dish it will then work on the single sat lnb portables. I have a traveller so it works fine. Supposedly no more problem.
Bill

clarkster
Explorer
Explorer
pconroy328 wrote:
Ugh - I was just looking at the Wally yesterday. What issues? Avoid it and go with the 211? thanks

Can you please provide some details on why the Wally is not a good set up and the 211 is?.

I too am considering getting a DISH TV system and sure could use some guidance on what works and what does not.
2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Laramie crew CTD
2017 Jayco Flight SLX Baja package

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Ugh - I was just looking at the Wally yesterday. What issues? Avoid it and go with the 211? thanks