cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hard to Believe..Terrible QC

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
This morning I'm looking at the door on the refrigerator in my Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler. The decorative wood front panel never fit properly. It was cut just a bit to small and pops out of the channel that holds it.

I realized that the edge molding on the door simply pops off and the panel can be slid out.

When I removed the panel I saw that the factory used a bunch of tooth picks to prop up the too small panel and hold it in place.

The toothpicks moved and and the panel dropped down a bit.

Simply amazing that they can't even cut a simple panel to the correct size.

And we pay big $$ for this ****!

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
33 REPLIES 33

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
For the bucks spent, I'd rather have a quality built used RV than a lower quality new one any day.
The Cherokee 19RR Wolf Pup TH is the low cost TH for its size, The regular Cherokee 19 foot TH was (discontinued) was almost twice the price, same mfg.

While if they only spent a few minutes more on build times they would have a better product and higher customer satisfaction. Sadly the customer is QC.

thankfully the type of web site will cause the new buyers to vote with their cash.

:@

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
For the bucks spent, I'd rather have a quality built used RV than a lower quality new one any day.
The Cherokee 19RR Wolf Pup TH is the low cost TH for its size, The regular Cherokee 19 foot TH was (discontinued) was almost twice the price, same mfg.

While if they only spent a few minutes more on build times they would have a better product and higher customer satisfaction. Sadly the customer is QC.

thankfully the type of web site will cause the new buyers to vote with their cash.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
drsteve wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Piece work.......Quality

2 concepts that are at opposite ends of spectrum

"Come On folks. 12 units for today. Get them done by Noon and we ALL can go home!"

Not necessarily. What they are lacking is quality control inspectors.

"Nobody goes home until these 12 units can pass QC! Do it right the first time, guys!"

That unfortunately is NOT how 'piece work' is done.
If you ever get the chance go on a factory tour where piece work is used.......folks RUNNING here/there
No slow down, no rework, no REAL oversight----just slap them together/git r done.

Seen it, experienced it (in housing construction), tried to deal with it ....HAahahaha

"We get them built, if complaints then that is what the 'pickup man' is for....."

Dealers ARE the pickup man for RV Mfg.
Some good----most just wish customer would go away.

Great reasons to avoid purchasing a RV of any kind. Enjoyed traveling for 6 yrs. in Holiday Rambler MH"s without any breakdowns. Never in a Dealers shop. From what I read, those kind of RV's are not available now. Nothing but junk. Keeps me out of the market along with many others.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I don't understand why everyone that has a trailer built by a Forest River company, just refer to them as a "Forest River" trailer. Which of the many Forest River companies built it?

B.O.

agree. how often do you hear about a "Thor" trailer? Thor Industries is the biggest RV manufacturer, whose brands have the same issues as Forest River brands.
but you don't hear them calling a Keystone/Montana/Crossroads/Cruiser/Dutchmen/DRV/Heartland/Open Range/Jayco/Starcraft/KZ/Redwood/Venture trailer, a "Thor" trailer.:S
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Since your wooden toothpicks failed, I can supply you with special, plastic toothpicks... I mean shims!... for only $99. Add $115 for optional color match... ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh well. Look on the bright side. When you lie in your poorly attached bed at night and look up, you can be thankful that you don't see stars! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't understand why everyone that has a trailer built by a Forest River company, just refer to them as a "Forest River" trailer. Which of the many Forest River companies built it?

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
drsteve wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Piece work.......Quality

"Come On folks. 12 units for today. Get them done by Noon and we ALL can go home!"

"Nobody goes home until these 12 units can pass QC! Do it right the first time, guys!"

That unfortunately is NOT how 'piece work' is done.
If you ever get the chance go on a factory tour where piece work is used.......folks RUNNING here/there
No slow down, no rework, no REAL oversight----just slap them together/git r done.

Seen it, experienced it (in housing construction), tried to deal with it ....HAahahaha

"We get them built, if complaints then that is what the 'pickup man' is for....."

Dealers ARE the pickup man for RV Mfg.
Some good----most just wish customer would go away.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Piece work.......Quality

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Ask Forest River about some new toothpicks. Let us know if they will seel them to you or if you have to go to Lumber company and get some made.

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I have no idea where the tooth picks were added. I would imagine the panel is added at FR as it is exactly the same paneling and color as the rest of the trailer?

Tie down is to tie down a motorcycle. This trailer is a toy hauler.
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

j_p_f_
Explorer
Explorer
oh yea, toy hauler.
forgot about that.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:

Very seriously doubt that the fridge manuf supplies the inserts to Forrest river you can even order new one through amazon and eBay if needed

The replacements at Amazon come from the refrigerator manufacturer, not Forest River.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel