cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roll over sofa bedding?

urbex
Explorer
Explorer
New to me RV with a roll-over sofa for sleeping. What does one do for bedding on these things? It's 6 feet long, so a few inches short of a standard twin, and none of the "standard" RV mattresses match up with this either.

Do people just toss a twin fitted on it when "rolled over", and deal with loose sheets? Forget the fitted altogether and just use flat sheets? Forget sheets altogether and sleeping bag it?

Not all that wild about the last option, as most of my camping will be done in hot climates without AC running...so I'd imagine the sofa cover would get pretty rank pretty quick if I didn't have something me and the sofa cushion, lol.
1990 Ford F350 CCLB DRW 7.3 4x4
1990 Lance LC980 truck camper
5 REPLIES 5

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
From my sailing days... sleep sacks work well on irregularly shaped or dimensioned sleeping surfaces. It the winter, a good cold-weather sleeping bag would be another option.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

urbex
Explorer
Explorer
The back cushion folds down and over the bottom cushion,so it ends up on the outside of the bottom cushion. The end result is similar to a jackknife setup, just with the back "rolling over" the bottom, rather than the bottom pulling out.
1990 Ford F350 CCLB DRW 7.3 4x4
1990 Lance LC980 truck camper

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I have never heard the term "roll over" sofa. So I don't know what you are dealing with there. My last motorhome had a sofa and dinette. When you put the dinette down and the jack-knife sofa, it made a queen bed. When my DH and I took the rig to Alaska, we did that, threw a double sleeping bag on top with a liner of sheets I had made and that worked.

Now that he's gone, I didn't ever bother breaking anything down. The sofa was long enough and wide enough, I got a single sleeping bag with a sheet-type liner and used it. If it was too hot, I layed on top of the bag in the sheet liner. I could toss everything in the washer.

Now in my new rig, I use the RV sleep sack system. It is basically two comforters zipped together. One is lightweight for "summer" and one is heavier for "winter." The sheet sack velcros into it. It can all be unzipped/velcroed to wash separately.

After RV'ing for over 40 years, I want simple. Don't want to wrestle sheets or blankets and tuck in where I can't tuck in. The sleep sack is perfect. And better yet, I bought them on FB Marketplace. They were like new.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mother taught me, and our rich uncle made sure I knew how to make a bed using flat sheets and blankets.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know anyone who sews? Buy a twin sheet and have them cut it down to size.. My wife has made two sets for our mattress.