cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window Water Spots

ericosmith
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for the best method of removing water spots from tinted windows. I use a wash and wax product which leaves lots of spots on the windows that I can never seem to get rid of.
5 REPLIES 5

ericosmith
Explorer
Explorer
In answer to a couple of questions, I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax. I'm aware that it doesn't really last but it makes the gel coat look good for awhile. My windows aren't glass, they are polycarbonate so I stay away from the glass cleaning methods.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spots on glass is one of the reasons I do not use wash and wax. Also the wax in those preparations only lasts a very short period of time.

The best method I have found for really, really clean glass is to use 0000 steel wool and alcohol.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is the BEST you will ever use!!! Suggested to me by n auto glass installer. Don't accept the fakes as their are many!!! I use it on spotted shower glass, RV CookTop, stainless sink and many more uses. I tried everything to get the spots off my back dark side windows and NOTHING worked until this. I also made my 40+ year old boat glass windows look new removing the caked on salt water residue.

SCAMAZON

Bio Clean Hard Water Stain Remover 40 oz. (20.3 oz.)
Visit the BioClean Store $14.99
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pick up a clay bar and detail spray. Spritz the glass, lightly rub with the clay and the spots are gone.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
What is name of the wash and wax product that you use?

It's possible that it damaged the film tint and you will never remove the spots.

Get a gallon of distilled water and try washing the windows with distilled water alone. There is nothing in distilled water to leave spots so either the spots will be gone or most likely permanent.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup