cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

macerator pumps

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
not sure what forum to post this in--- does anyone recommend a macerator pump? How far can you pump the waste? what is minimum size discharge hose can you use? I need to get waste about 125 feet to dump area.
Thanks in advance, please help.
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.
12 REPLIES 12

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
thank y'all
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
I have a FloJet, an Amazon knock-off of it (SeaFlo, I think?), and a SaniCon Turbo. Compared to the SaniCon, the other units are both junk.

Those units, however, perform identically and give me the same amount of issues, mostly related to thermal issues - they have much shorter duty cycles and you have to keep an eye on how long they're running and how warm they're getting, or they'll shut themselves off. Once they do that enough times, the thermal switches fail. Their plastic casings are chintzy and tend to crack over time, especially if connected/disconnected often in cold weather. I have, on occasion, used these with 2x50ft (100ft total) 5/8" hoses to reach septic cleanouts. They're slow but it's doable AND exacerbates the thermal issues mentioned. The SaniCon should be much faster and more reliable at that distance, but I've never tried it, as I use a 21' 1-1/2" layflat discharge hose and camlock fittings with that.

TL;DR go SaniCon.

We use macerator pumps to move all our black/greywater into a custom 165 gallon septic bladder I had made (Husky Portable Containment) and then transport that to the dump station, to avoid having to move entire rigs when setup in the middle of nowhere.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
There is a uTube that shows how to build a macerator using a regular garbage disposal complete with a parts list

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm using the sewer solution water powered macerator, it works pretty well, I'm about 75', mostly downhill but there's a low spot between the trailer and sewer line clean out that I use to dump. Pump did a fine job handling it but it did mean walking the line after flushing at the end to clear the "clean" water. It's so much nicer than using a dump station that unless I have full hookups I'll probably dump at home as long as I'm a weekend warrior. It's not the fastest way to dump but that's the beauty of dumping at home, there's no need to rush.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a Flojet portable with a 50 foot 3/4 inch hose. There is a slight uphill from the trailer to the sewer cleanout, where the hose dumps the black water.

With a 125 foot run, I strongly recommend the biggest diameter hose you can get -- 3/4, not 5/8. Otherwise, you will have a lot of friction and back-pressure in the hose.

And try a test run with clear water before you try it with black water. Good luck!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all replies thus far
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

I have a Thetford Turbo 300 macerator, It will throw CR@P 100'-125' easily, BUT it will depend on the amount of elevation in question..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a Flo-jet portable.. I used a 3/4" BLACK rubber garden hose with it (Black hose black water Color coding) only black garden hose Icarried.

I also made a "Ground inlet" adapter since mine did not come with Kind of neat dual input device (My Rig had a "Wash" tank in addition to black and gray)

I would offer the pump and adapter to you if not for your location.. (I'm in Michigan) (NO I'm not selling them)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I run my about 35ft with lots of turns with no problem.

I run it off the RV battery, but have the RV plugged into shore power so it gets a little extra oomph.

I only use it at home as dumpstations are just a short straight dump.

I have the portable one and since my battery is on the other side of the RV, I use a heavy duty jumper cable run under the RV to connect it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a 1/2" hose and go 75 feet then up 4 feet to the sewer connection. Works fine.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto the above, and one caveat. They use a LOT of 12v power, so be sure to keep your wires real short, have a good charged battery and watch for heat.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jdkd123
Explorer
Explorer
I have one that I use with a 3/4" Garden hose. The hose is 100'. Relatively flat grade. Works fine for me. Use it just when I return home and haven't pumped out when traveling.

JDKD123

2005 Coachmen CONCORD

GO

SOX!