cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palomino owners - question

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 99 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 8 ft. bed. Looking at a Palomino soft top. what model will fit? I want the North/South bed, toilet.
was looking at the 1251 model, but i was told that it will not fit my truck. looking at their website and a 1600 model is what will fit my truck. would love to have a Hallmark TC, but 40 grand too much.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S
1 REPLY 1

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If I'm not mistaken the 1250 is/was a short bed model. You could run it if you don't mind the 18" gap at the front of the bed. Plenty of creative ways to utilize that gap too...

I believe you mean the 1500 model. That's what I have, an older version. Mine has a cassette toilet where the new model has an actual black tank I believe. Mine has a Heco scissor lift for the roof where the new ones have 4-corner post lift like most popup trailers.

Now you're not going to get many people to say much nice about Palominos. They're cheap because they're cheaply made. Is a Hallmark $40,000 better? I don't know. Doubt it though...

It's not the lap of luxury, but it's a dry private place to spend a few nights out.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.