cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Hemi Going Away

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
So here's the official reason why Stellantis is ditching the Hemi. To add injury to insult the Hemi is a cash cow for Tesla.

Link

Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
55 REPLIES 55

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Never blocked anyone, not even "FISH" :B

:C

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Never blocked anyone, not even "FISH" :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
LOL... A bunch of RV.net Karens have been exposed.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bionic Man wrote:
He’s simply a troll. It too bad as occasionally he shares good information. But anytime there is something related to MOPAR he likes to throw his excrement.

Yea, I eventually unblocked him because I figured he had a couple years to mature and learn how the internet works. I really don't like blocking people, because they may actually offer something of value. I just keep getting confirmation that he doesn't...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Musta forgot it was his own thread he was trolling in.
Like peeing in your own pool!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

We recently picked up a '18 MOPAR DRW with a flatbed. :W

Let's highlight the 05 MOPAR

Here's a picture of our MOPAR dash taken a few years ago. I'm sure it's a lot better now. :R

The MOPAR paint isn't much better either. But at least the cummins is still running

You know, I blocked this clown years ago because I got so tired of his constant drivel. Foolishly, I recently cleared my block list (which was really only this guy), and see that nothing has changed. You'd think that the CEO of Ram defiled his daughter or something. I've never seen such constant hatred for an inanimate object in my life... Back on the "list" he goes...

And I'll betcha if he had a serious issue with his better than everyone elses Ford we'd never know about it.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Here's a picture of our MOPAR dash taken a few years ago. I'm sure it's a lot better now. :R

The MOPAR paint isn't much better either. But at least the cummins is still running

You know, I blocked this clown years ago because I got so tired of his constant drivel. Foolishly, I recently cleared my block list (which was really only this guy), and see that nothing has changed. You'd think that the CEO of Ram defiled his daughter or something. I've never seen such constant hatred for an inanimate object in my life... Back on the "list" he goes...

He’s simply a troll. It too bad as occasionally he shares good information. But anytime there is something related to MOPAR he likes to throw his excrement.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blt2ski wrote:
Did MB own dodge at that time? Looks like paint job on spouses ML320 SUV.

Marty

Yes it was Mercedes. It was marketed as a merger, but Chrysler employees found out later that wasn't the case.

One could make a case that the original Chrysler Corp. paint jobs were second to none especially with the OBS trucks.

We also still own our 2002 7.3PSD Super Duty and the clear coat has not peeled and still looks relatively good.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 98's dash is still pristine at well over 400k and my 01 does have a single crack I can't see when driving, so it's not there. 😉
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unfortunately my 01 Sport is loosing clear coat. Not sure if it was Diamler-Chrysler at that time.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
blt2ski wrote:

Marty

And every other sun baked farm truck or car of any brand….
I love the passive aggressive comments. (Not you, others)
Especially when the OP is 180deg off course in the thread HE started.
Cheers boys thanks for the laughs.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

blt2ski

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
I really like the Hemi. Have owned many, currently have one in my Grand Cherokee L. But if the Hurricane was available in the GCL I’d choose it over the Hemi. The driving characteristics of forced induction are just better in my opinion.

But the MPG is not. What does the Hurricane in the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer get, 1 MPG better than the Hemi?

If Chrysler wants to get away from the fines, they will need to do more than transition from the Hemi

And to the comment about the Tesla displacing whatever Toyota as “best selling car”, their sales are still a fraction of what any of the Big 3 sell in trucks…..

Back in April I drove a GC Summit with a Hemi rental and swore the engine would rattle a bit when cold started in ~60 weather in Ohio. Was not overally impressed with it so yes I would also prefer a boosted I6 engine. Another thing I didn't like was the leather liner on the dash board was rinkled and pealing off the dash.

Sure you did. ;);)

Don't you know he is our closet MOPAR guy??????