Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/19 03:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has been a crazy winter so far. A major winter storm is supposed to hit today and last tinto Monday. With cold temperatures.
We may say 10 inches or more of snow depending on the storms track.

[image]n

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/19 03:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/19 04:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The weather is supposed to get pretty bad around here too. It might even get below freezing!!

[image]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/19 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

[emoticon]
X2

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/19 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

It has been a crazy winter so far. A major winter storm is supposed to hit today and last tinto Monday. With cold temperatures.
We may say 10 inches or more of snow depending on the storms track.

[image]n

Ouch! Just as well be in Alaska.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/19 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. According to our weather forecast we won't be seeing that nasty cold weather that is coming across Ohio. Our low will be in the 20's at night and day time temps will be in the lower 40's. Just above us in Western North Carolina they will see bitter cold and snow.

The Old Fella thread has gone over 30,000 posts. Thanks to those who have been faithful to the thread since it's beginning back in 2005. I am sure this will be a record that will never be surpassed nor equaled with Good Sam's RV. NET. It's amazing the friends that have been made through this thread. Not once have we been shut down nor censored. Snowbird used to get onto us about saying on topic, but even that hasn't been mentioned for years. I look forward each morning to this thread and post something for those who also come here each day. This has become family that I love and appreciate. Thank you for your faithfulness.

I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed ay. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Remember Gary in your prayers.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/19 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those who have asked, here is Gary Shapiro's address:

Gary Shapiro
1011 Justin Circle
Bensalem,PA.19020

DustyR

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/19 04:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merlin is a 11 year old Keeshond, he spent the first six years of his life as a puppy mill stud and has been with me for five years. He carries a lot of PTSD issues and very shy off lead. On lead he is sooo trusting and willing to be handled. The other evening I took him for the last walk of the night. He did the usual poo thing and ran toward the house. I told him he had to take a whiz first and lo and behold he did his squat thing and all was good. Yesterday AM we went for the morning walk and as I said his PTSD kicked in and he looked at me and started the way he wanted to go. I told him no and pointed in a direction he was not comfortable with but was compliant to my command. Several times I had to reinforce the direction I wanted him to go.
I think sometimes he is managing me instead of vice-versa. I really wish I could get him comfortable off lead, just so shy.

Coachmen Denali 270FK 32 Ft.
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/19 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got blasted last night. We have already seen the high for today at 18*. Temperature will fall all day with windchill as low as -15*.

[image]

Poor little Pickles can't get off back deck with out disappearing. I need to clean paths in back yard so she can take care of business.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/19 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. " Merlin is a 11 year old Keeshond, he spent the first six years of his life as a puppy mill stud and has been with me for five years. He carries a lot of PTSD issues and very shy off lead. Thank you for giving him a forever home.

Dan it looks as if you will be indoors at least for a day with weather like that. I would build a fire in the fireplace kick back and just let Mother Nature roar. I can't imagine -15 degrees, it makes me shiver to think about it.

We are at 41 degrees here in the Deep South with partly cloudy skies. It rained the whole day yesterday and last night. Just above us in North Carolina they got lots of snow and very cold weather. Today we will have a high of 48 degrees with a low of 23 degrees tonight.

The fur gang is well this morning looking for someone to take them for a walk. Lizzie always seats in the window sill and watches Sue and the girls leave and sits there until they get back. I think she would like to go with them, but being a cat she would take off on her own and get lost. She is still a kitten and very mischievous.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Remember Gary in your prayers that God would give him a blessed day free from pain and worry.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.