Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 483  
Prev  |  Next
John & Angela

World Travelers.

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/17 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the advent of electric vehicles and the growth they are now starting to see I think the gas producers will be under pressure to keep the price low in the future. Diesel will have a longer run as it will take longer to see the heavy haul and pickup market go to electric. One wild card is the refinery capacity and ownership. The Saudis have been buying a ton of North American capacity. They have a 3 year program that is supposed to get them to a dominant position in the industry. Interesting reading and googling. Glad both our cars are electric...but the diesel pusher...let's hope it stays cheap for awhile.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/18 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like they have found a way to enrich the oil people again. We have had it to good for to long. Now we will see the price of diesel rise to 4 bucks a gallon and more.
I hope Ford and GM get those electric cars on the road soon as the present bunch are not what WE are looking for, At 71 years old and 6'3" crawling down into a car is no longer my favorite thing. I am picky and just like I never had a soccer van those SUVs that all look alike are not my first choice.
I am just watching this mess unroll and wonder if the threat of war and high gas are going to be a reality.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2015 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
Lifes short enough without bitch'n about it!

LindsayRichards

Tavares, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/18 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of course, America has increased its oil production to a whopping 10 plus MILLION barrels a day. This is the highest in 30 years and is due to the miracles of horizontal drilling and fracking. The Saudis have reduced their output to reduce world wide supply which has raised the worldwide price to over $70 per barrel. The environmentalist blocking pipelines and refinery expansions has also hurt our output. President Trump has decimated ISIS which has also helped with middle East oil production which increases volume and helps in pricing. The Saudis reduced their output for several years in an effort to smash the American oil industry so they could go back to the $100 pricing. It failed.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/18 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TyroneandGladys wrote:

Our RV is old school carbureted engine. No back fires when in Arizona start using California gas we get back fires. Octane is the same.
Backfire through the exhaust is usually too rich. Backfire through the carb is usually too lean.

Might be time for a rebuild or a new carburetor. Fuel mileage could be suffering a bit also.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/18 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

I hope Ford and GM get those electric cars on the road soon as the present bunch are not what WE are looking for, At 71 years old and 6'3" crawling down into a car is no longer my favorite thing. I am picky and just like I never had a soccer van those SUVs that all look alike are not my first choice.
I agree that the electric econobox (Chevy Bolt) is way over rated. Even the Teslas do not sit very well for me as they seemed cramped.

The grail would be an EV that can be towed 4 down and do some light off pavement driving.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/18 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are so many factors for gas prices , one that is overlooked are the stagnate wages in the US. People are driving older cars that get poor mileage do to lack of funds to get a high mileage car.
You would think that this new politically inspired rise in fuel costs would be a catalyst for the electrics to come out sooner.
With my turbo Malibu and a 25 gallon gas tank I get to see the rises a couple times a week.
Oh well I cannot change the fact that the world was in balance and now there seems to be problems everywhere that affect us. The 2 buck gas was a nice ride but now I'm thinking gas will go to 4 bucks.

LindsayRichards

Tavares, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/18 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new tax bill is giving the average worker $1,200 per year. Our last GDP is nearly double the last 8 years. The rise in gas prices is do to (as always) supply and demand. The US is supplying oil at a 30 year high due to horizontal drilling and fracking. OPEC is reducing the supply and increasing the price. Oil is a world market, not a US market. The world balance you talk about included ISIS which has been 95% wiped out in the last year. Iran now fears us, and North Korea is talking again after 70 years. The world is looking better except in the countries allowing in millions of economic refugees which contain some killers. 7 of every 1000 new cars are EV's or hybrids. Looks like Americans are rejecting them. Telsa's keep burning up.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/18 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/05/201080515-eia.html

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/18 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LindsayRichards wrote:

Telsa's keep burning up.
Compared to what? There are over 150,000 car fires each year in the US. Can you imagine the news if each car fire was covered same as Tesla? It would be over 400 new stories EVERY SINGLE DAY.

U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 152,300 automobile fires per year in 2006-2010. These fires caused an average of 209 civilian deaths, 764 civilian injuries, and $536 million in direct property damage.

https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/By........opic/Property-type-and-vehicles/Vehicles

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/18 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lindsay "The world is looking better except in the countries allowing in millions of economic refugees which contain some killers." you political rants are not needed on this board. They are misleading, generally untrue and have no bearing on gas prices.
I will aggressively search for an electric car again when I see some more come on the market. We really enjoyed our Volt but as stated they are hard to get in and out of for us.
I'll pay the price to pull my trailer but not for my daily driver.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 483  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS