Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: restoring 1987 holaday Rambler
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> restoring 1987 holaday Rambler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 65  
Prev  |  Next
femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/16 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/16 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

as I found her
[image]

femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/16 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am now trying to trouble shoot the fuel system as it just quit pumping fuel. I have check the tank to make sure it has fuel in it and it does. It currently has a Mr Gaskit electric fuel pump. I have removed the pump and tried it on a bout gas tank i have and it pumps fine. I am going to drop the tank and install a drain in it as there is no way to drain the tank from the bottom at this time. Wish me luck.

11178adm

nw mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/16 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

be very careful dropping the fuel tank, even old gas is very flammable. if possible get the gas out by removing the rubber fill hose and using something like a outboard motor primer bulb to siphon the gas out, when the tank is out check the sock filter on the end of the suction tube it may be plugged and if there is any doubt about the old gas dispose of it properly and refill with fresh

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/16 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If memory serves me correctly, those P32s of that era came with both an electric and a mechanical fuel pump. That being the case, the electric, pusher, fuel pump will work when the starter is engaged or when the oil pressure comes up. With only a mechanical fuel pump, vapor lock can occur in the long line from the tank to the engine.

Richard

femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/16 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am going to have a 1/2 inch NPT fitting put in the bottom of the tank. A flek line from that to a Holley red pump running a 100 micro filter pre filter. This will be mounted as close to the tank and as low as possible. My old shop teacher once said pumps don't suck, they push. Not sure if I am going to have to run new line at this point but it would not hurt while I a down there.. I have looked and 3/8th copper line is the same as the hard line already there. Gas or most fuels I know of wont harm copper line.
I believe I can push the fuel 25 feet to the carb much better then sucking the fuel around 15 feet,then pushing it another 10 feet or so to another fuel pump thats pushing it then around four feet to the carb

femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/16 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am using the old 1/8th inlet fuel pump and a hose to suck fuel out of the tank and use it in my cars and lawn mowers

femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/16 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

this is the finished connections where the fuel pump on the motor was located

femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/16 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

This is what the original as purchased lines to the fuel pump looked like. it had 1/ hard line with a 1/2 if rubber hose, into a 3/8 brass ninety nipple, to the 1/8 Pipe thread pump fitting, the to a 2/8 hose over the frame to another 3/8 ninety to a 1/2 id hose to the 1/2 hard line. I am frankly surprised it would work at all

femailyetti

South of Disney World

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/16 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this is the other side of the frame where the pump was mounted with one loose quarter twenty bolt

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 65  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> restoring 1987 holaday Rambler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS