cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

satellite system

dtrink
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have a KVH S2 dome on my motorhome that I have never used. I intend to travel more now and found out that the Tracvision S2 system is outdated. Can anyone give me information about which satellite system is best without breaking the bank. I am thinking of using Dish pay as you go. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We also have the Pathway X2. Works well for us.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
There are no updates for the KVH antennas, KVH chose to not offer updates for this latest DISH change in order to sell new antennas. Your best bet is the Winegard Pathway X2 if you want the most flexible PORTABLE antenna for Dish Network. If you want a roof mount then I would suggest a Winegard T4.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
cmeade wrote:
We have a King relay 1500. Due to health reasons our 5ver was not used for 19 months. Took it out last month for the first time and sat system did not work. Dish had changed their satellite programming April 2016. People at King emailed us the new program which we loaded on a flashdrive and plugged into the usb on the dome antenna. Everything is working great now. Our King dome antenna is only 3 years old and was "outdated". Maybe you can update your current antenna?? Hardest part was crawling on roof to remove cover. BTW dish would not help and said to take to rv shop. Not their responsibility even though they changed the programming!!

Technology changes... It's the antenna manufacturer's responsibility to keep up with those changes. Did you fault your local TV stations when your analog TV no longer worked after the digital changeover? The TV manufacturer's had to make the changes to keep up.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
We have a King relay 1500. Due to health reasons our 5ver was not used for 19 months. Took it out last month for the first time and sat system did not work. Dish had changed their satellite programming April 2016. People at King emailed us the new program which we loaded on a flashdrive and plugged into the usb on the dome antenna. Everything is working great now. Our King dome antenna is only 3 years old and was "outdated". Maybe you can update your current antenna?? Hardest part was crawling on roof to remove cover. BTW dish would not help and said to take to rv shop. Not their responsibility even though they changed the programming!!

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Winegard Pathway X2 and VIP211z combo. We purchased them as a kit on Amazon for about $450. Full HD, eastern and western arc capable. By owning the box, you pay $7/mo and can turn it on/off at you leisure if you have an existing Dish account. It was definitely the right choice for us.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.