cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

more mods

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Probably considered sacrilege to die hard lazy daze fans, but I really couldn't stand the mid cabin seating arrangement. It came like this:

Not terribly efficient or comfortable trying to watch tv or kick back with the laptop. I guess it looked pretty for it's age.

After a bit of ripping and tearing, I finished up with this.

Seat slides out to make a bed

Through a futon mattress on there. Super comfy

In upright position, I still have the same aisle space, plus the seat lifts up for storage. Rerouted the power plug that was in the old cabinet, plus added an additional one. Might make some cushions for it one of these days, if I can figure out how to use a sewing machine. I can rebuild my laptop or wire my rv, haven't a clue how to use a sewing machine. Probably use one of the small portable tables if I need table space.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions
3 REPLIES 3

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea! Looks both nice and comfy. A big improvement.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I really like that a lot, both creative and practical. It looks like you made a lot more storage too. You should "patent" that idea.

Flarpswitch
Explorer
Explorer
I like that. I would last about 5 minutes and then it's lights out for me. Then I would wonder where the day went. You might browse around Ikea for the finishing touches. They have all sorts of stuff intended for their sofas and chairs. Then you can avoid the sewing machine. At Ikea, I found the solutions for all sorts of RV stuff. One time I found a kitchen sink and faucet for 1/4th the cost of the RV store one. Don't forget to chow down on some Swedish meatballs at the cafeteria while you are there.
Steve