cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

informed delivery

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting this new service from the usps. I think it is pretty darn cool and free.

Each day you get a email early in the morning showing a picture of each piece of mail you are going to get that day. This should also include the mail that is on hold each day. As of right now they limit this to 10 pieces of mail. Also when you go to your mail dashboard you can see any packages that are being shipped and where they are at. (not sure on the exact info on packages) So anyway this is a great service and is free. The way I see it people who go on vacation just might really like this. I like it even when not on vacation because you can see if whats in the mail every morning at the same time.

Just google informed delivery and it will take you there. I have only had it for three days and I think it is way cool.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!
48 REPLIES 48

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
I'm still stuck on the fact that when in Florida.....you pay for 'overnight' mail that takes '2 days'.
AND the postal clerk tells you that up front that it will take 2 days! :R

When I lived in Wisconsin I could send an overnight mail to 'anywhere' in the US and it would get there the next day. So what's up with Florida mail?

It depends on where you are anywhere in the country whether a particular address is eligible for "overnight" service. The more rural the area, the less likely it offers the service. Last winter we received several overnight mailed documents in Bushnell, FL that were sent from upstate NY.
As Dutch said, it all depends on where you send from & to. I had an "overnight" letter sent to General Delivery in Deming, NM from Binghamton, NY. No problem with overnight from Binghamton to most cities, but not Deming. It took 3 days. They did tell the sender that it wouldn't make it overnight...

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't recognise my latest delivery which is supposed to be in my box but tracking says is in PO 8 mi away. Guess I need to call the PO
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
This new service is pretty cool. Saved me a 6 mile round trip yesterday.
Puma 30RKSS

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
WolverineState wrote:
Just signed up to see if it's worth it.
Could have come in handy last fall. A mailman delivering in our area (our house included) felt that dumping mail in a port-o-potty in a construction sight nearby was ok when he felt like it. The USPS assured everyone the mail was cleaned properly.:R

When he dumped (pun?) the mail at the construction site -
was the port-o-potty out of sight or easy to see?

:?

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I'm still stuck on the fact that when in Florida.....you pay for 'overnight' mail that takes '2 days'.

When I lived in Wisconsin I could send an overnight mail to 'anywhere' in the US and it would get there the next day. So what's up with Florida mail?

It depends on where you are anywhere in the country whether a particular address is eligible for "overnight" service. The more rural the area, the less likely it offers the service. Last winter we received several overnight mailed documents in Bushnell, FL that were sent from upstate NY.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Horizon170 wrote:
Just something else that will cause the price of letters go up. I'll be glad when we have fully Privatized mail service and stop the USPS waste.

hahahahaha privatized mail. Mail service is extremely unbelievably cheap. Especially the mail that is delivered to and picked up from home. Try to get UPS to show up at your mailbox six days of the week for a occasional 49 cent stamp. Remember this private company will have to deliver to every single address in the United States. USPS certainly has some waste but privatizing the mail ain't gonna happen. You could always hire any private individual to carry a letter 4 states away but I think you would end up paying more than 49 cents. ๐Ÿ™‚
People should also understand the USPS has no business removing "junk" mail for them. Junk mail whether we like it or not is mailed to our address. Its ours to throw away. The USPS can't.

JMHO
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
It sounds cool to me, so I signed up, but I can't enroll online. I'll get the questions to answer, and the correct answers are pretty obvious to me, but for some reason it fails, telling me to try again in 72 hours. I have an option to go to a physical location, but not sure it's worth my time.

It did the same thing to me! Instead of waiting 72 hrs. I tried again and got on. They gave me different questions on the second try.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
strollin wrote:
It would let me know ahead of time that all I'm getting is advertising and bills.
..and be able to click Delete and the PO would trash them for you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

strollin
Explorer
Explorer
It would let me know ahead of time that all I'm getting is advertising and bills. I'd probably never go to the mailbox again!
Me, her, 2 boys & 2 girls
'05 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4, D/A
Reese Dual Cam HP
'04 Wilderness Advantage 290FLS
Twin Honda 2000s

"I'd rather wear out than rust out!"

See our pics here

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Just something else that will cause the price of letters go up. I'll be glad when we have fully Privatized mail service and stop the USPS waste.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds cool to me, so I signed up, but I can't enroll online. I'll get the questions to answer, and the correct answers are pretty obvious to me, but for some reason it fails, telling me to try again in 72 hours. I have an option to go to a physical location, but not sure it's worth my time.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
dave17352 wrote:
I am getting this new service from the usps. I think it is pretty darn cool and free.

Each day you get a email early in the morning showing a picture of each piece of mail you are going to get that day. This should also include the mail that is on hold each day. As of right now they limit this to 10 pieces of mail. Also when you go to your mail dashboard you can see any packages that are being shipped and where they are at. (not sure on the exact info on packages) So anyway this is a great service and is free. The way I see it people who go on vacation just might really like this. I like it even when not on vacation because you can see if whats in the mail every morning at the same time.

Just google informed delivery and it will take you there. I have only had it for three days and I think it is way cool.

Thanks for the information. I received an email today with pictures of my mail, really neat thing when you're on vacation or don't feel like walking to the mail box. ๐Ÿ™‚
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed. Junk mail is a real problem for PO boxes. There should be a way to only allow delivery of 1st and 2nd class mail to the box.