cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood tioga outside stereo no power

KeepMoovin
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for trouble shooting process for outside stereo that won't turn on. I don't know if this would be related, but there also isn't power to the 12v power receptacles inside at tv locations.

2003 Fleetwood Tioga 29v 1500 watt inverter installed
6 REPLIES 6

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Loose connection to 12volt fuse holder. I checked fuses and all were not blown, I found one fuse holder with a loose screw connection, tightened it and 12 volt items got power and worked. Look for any other in-line fuse holders near external radio, etc.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Mines the same as IAMICHABOD's (2006).

As a side note, I replaced mine with a new SONY car stereo. Of course the new ones are always on when power is applied so I put a switch inside to cut the power so it wouldn't eventually drain the batteries when it's off.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

KeepMoovin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! I'll check it out tomorrow.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I was looking for my RV, 2002-2006 Fleetwood Tiogas the dozen or so that I looked at, 75 percent had non working outside stereos,most were from water incursion, Some were just a blown fuse. That is where I would start.
Located behind the door to the fuse panel below the front facing dinette seat.

Click For Full-Size Image.

This my fuse block on my 2006 Tioga.

Located on that door inside, is this.

It will tell you which fuse goes to what,that is where I would start,check each fuse and pull each connector and reset.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
As Bumpy suggests, it sounds a lot like a blown 12V fuse; those items would be reasonable to have on the same circuit. If it is a blown fuse and the replacement fuse blows immediately, there's presumably a short in wiring the power to these items somewhere.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess that there is a connection, stereo is 12 volt?????
did you check the "fuse box" for the 12 volt hookups, etc./
bumpy