cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

15% off no minimum code 7812

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
I received an email today, 15% off, no minimum, use code 7812 at checkout. I keep things in a wish list, items I use regularly, plus items I'm interested in. Most every item on that list went up in price by an average of 25%. I've tried, over the years to be somewhat a loyal customer, but I view this as a stab-in-the-back, about as sneaky as sneaky can get. I'm done here.
6 REPLIES 6

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in future if you would like.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
A few "regular responders" feel they are obligated to shop at CW and look for any reason to complain about anything. Why not just stay away and quit complaining like a 3 yr. old. For every "old" customer you prevent shopping at CW, there are 3 new customers standing in line to make purchases. You are pi@@ing in the wind.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A number of retailers return their stock to "regular" price when they offer an across the board percentage discount. And Down is right, it is the busy season for RV supply purchases. Again, you don't need to buy from CW...its your choice.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't seen anything at a camping world that I couldn't get elsewhere - so apparently they aren't doing the "sole source" business model very well.

With all due respect to the Good Same Care Team (who are just doing their job the way they are allowed), complaints like this don't really benefit from the "talk to us privately" response. It ends up looking like Good Sam is going to give the "complainer" a private adjustment to their purchase while letting the rest of us infer that we will be paying more by shopping at CW.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
jdb7566 wrote:
I received an email today, 15% off, no minimum, use code 7812 at checkout. I keep things in a wish list, items I use regularly, plus items I'm interested in. Most every item on that list went up in price by an average of 25%. I've tried, over the years to be somewhat a loyal customer, but I view this as a stab-in-the-back, about as sneaky as sneaky can get. I'm done here.

This is not surprising. Two factors in play here. The first is that prices to rise, especially during the summer months on goods and services only used during that time. And depending how long your items have been in your wish list, price rises are inevitable.

Secondly, Camping World/Good Sam has a business model that does not put their customer in a favorable light. They view their customer as a renewable resource (they can get new customers as they run the old ones off) who they can exploit for their own benefit. Their business model does not include building a loyal customer base by treating the customer well; they build a customer base by being the only source available for the products.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
jdb7566,

Thank you for contacting Camping World and providing your feedback. Please send a private message with your phone number for assistance with the pricing.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team