cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reservation friend

Piatekot
Explorer
Explorer
We are new to rv'ing. At our recent stay we were rerouted to reservationfriend.com to book. When we arrived at campsite we were given a "delux" backing site. We had reserved a "premium pull thru site". I was told The problem was that I had booked online, and they were not supposed to give premium sites online. After looking at my paperwork they determine the problem was I had reserved with reservation friend, and this was reservation friends problem. They refused to give me the price difference between the premium and deluxe site and told me I needed to contact reservation Friends. I called them five days ago and left a message and have not received a response. Does anyone have a good phone number to talk to someone there or has anyone else had issues with this company?
8 REPLIES 8

raygreg
Explorer
Explorer
How much money are you talking about? $10? Considerate it tuition, lesson learned. Never use Reservation friend again.

Y-Guy
I would defiantly call your credit card company and put the charge into dispute, at least part of it, not necessity all of it. Since you did get a site, just not what you booked. This will bring the players to the table or you'll get your money back. I'd also have them block any further charges from the company since they sound less than honorable.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Who routed you to them?

If it was the campground website, it most certainly is the campgrounds problem as you used their system. If their system was wrong, it's their problem.

If it was some other 3rd party source routing you to them, they still are pretty much on the hook from a PR perspective in that they accept reservations from the company. They might be off the hook from a legal perspective.

You can always got he credit card route but the problem is once you accepted the site, that may be taken as tacit agreement to change the terms of the contract.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Just call your credit card company and dispute the charges as you did not get what you paid for.
But I think the campground is lying to you. How would the reservation place get the info and prices on sites they are not supposed to sell. Answer; the campground gave it to them.
BTW you should not be involved (but you are) in this, as this is a dispute between the CG and their agent
Also did you link to reservation friend from the Camp Ground website?
What camp ground was it?
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Book the campground YOURSELF. There are a few chains with a central booking phone number...but i avoid any "advance" booking with any of these places or companies.
I call the campground itself...no one knows it better than the place itself.

Just what I do. FWIW

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
It's always best to book direct. Hotels do the same type of thing. We had booked a reservation at a Chase Suites Hotel through Hotwire. There was a problem with one of the rooms that made it unusable. Since we didn't book direct with the hotel we were out of luck. They never contacted us and told us when we showed up that it was Hotwire's problem to resolve.
The bottom line is book direct when possible. Going through a third party puts you at the the top of the list for getting dumped on if there's a problem.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
How could it be the reservation company's problem the campground lets them be there agent - its their problem
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of them. Google has them at 714-288-8688. I called it and the company is named Leisure Interactive dba Friend Communications of Orange CA. BBB gives this company an F with 8 complaints and 6 unresolved issues. The president is Gary Pace. Plenty of complaints in Business Consumer Alliance about failure to provide service and transfer funds.

The good news is that the complaints are coming from campgrounds not getting paid, so they won't be re-routing to them for reservations for much longer.

They don't sound too friendly.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox