cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Thor Freedom Elite 29FE

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the subject MH, the radio is not working and I suspect it might be a fuse problem. But, I don't know where the fuse panel is located. Can anyone steer me toward it? Thanks!
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
6 REPLIES 6

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
The radio should be run off of the Factory fuse panel (under left side dash-kick panel area). The 20 amp fuse is Number 39, see diagram here http://www.autogenius.info/ford-e-series-e-450-2015-fuse-box-diagram/
Where it gets tricky is if there is a House or Chassis radio switch, then you should be able to test power at that switch and chase it from there. Obviously if the fuse is blown, the next thing to find out is Why. Good Luck

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Then, if the odds are good that the Dashboard Radio is powered through the House Battery "Salesman Switch", is the House Battery charged?

House Circuit Fuses are usually part of the "Load Center." On newer RV's that LC is probably a single unit containing

1. 120 VAC Breakers
2. 12 VDC Fuses
3. 120 VAC ==>> Converter/Charger
(4. maybe... 12 VDC ==>> Inverter)

Do you know where that Load Center is?

RV builders are notorious for hokey wiring. It could be connected outside the LC. It could originate at LC and still a fuse elsewhere.

Since this Radio includes a Backup Monitor Screen, when it WAS working, is some condition needed to make it work (like engine running, in gear, in reverse, the like) that isn't met right now. Or even a relay involved?

Most Class C's at least, have Dash Radio powered by either Chassis OR Coach.
Winnebago had a switch to let you choose.
Our first one was Chassis powered, so the Key had to be in ACC. Well, ACC also caused the Step to operate every time we opened the Coach Door. Wired it to Coach instead. Then the display became a parasitic load so I had to add a switch.
This Jayco has an ordinary aftermarket AM/FM/CD radio. If Engine is running, it'll play with the Coach Battery OFF. If Engine is OFF it won't play till Coach is ON. I don't know how it does it but it's sweet.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Hokie-Dave wrote:
goufgators wrote:
Regarding the subject MH, the radio is not working and I suspect it might be a fuse problem. But, I don't know where the fuse panel is located. Can anyone steer me toward it? Thanks!

Do you have the battery switch turned off by your stairs? The radio will not work if the coach battery is turned off. Or at least that is the case in our Thor Chateau 26B.

dave

Thanks, Dave! The battery switch is 'on'.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Hokie-Dave
Explorer
Explorer
goufgators wrote:

Do you have the battery switch turned off by your stairs? The radio will not work if the coach battery is turned off. Or at least that is the case in our Thor Chateau 26B.

dave
dave
2017 Thor Chateau 26B

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
Is this the Dashboard Radio, or one in the "House" part of your coach? Are you talking Chassis Fuses (should have Owner's Manual), or the Coach Fuse Panel? Ford or Chevy Chassis?

It's a dash radio that includes, among other items, the rear view camera display. Probably a coach fuse panel. Ford chassis. Now that you have that information, can you help me with my question?
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Is this the Dashboard Radio, or one in the "House" part of your coach? Are you talking Chassis Fuses (should have Owner's Manual), or the Coach Fuse Panel? Ford or Chevy Chassis?
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB