cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this overpriced because of the cuteness factor???

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
https://happiercamper.com/

I saw this and was just blown away. I first saw a youtube video about how people with modular pieces https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTITqa9xVyw change a van in 5 minutes to a camper, that never existed but there were European products like the Swiss Box that did as well as other companies but they not sell to the U.S. was told that it was not only shipping but because RV were so much cheaper in the U.S. Americans would not buy it, than I saw a company in Ventura that was going to have modular units, with Ford Transit Vans but they don't have enough money to start it up, and then I saw this. It's probably better than transforming a car or a van into a camper than hauling a trailer (they always say get a camper truck or trailer so if the vehicle breaks down you still have the camper and vice versa.) This has everything I want, the trailer can be converted to a utility one and you can move the units around to configure it any way you want but then I start pricing it out, it cost waay(sic) more than the Scamp (not sure how much a brand new one is because irritatingly they are not transparent about their price) the closest thing to it and on Craigslist, a HUGE 2018 Norco trailer is just a little more than a fully equipped Happier Camper. So I was thinking maybe it will have cachet like muscle cars of the 70's and Volkswagon's of the 60's and go up in value (or even Mazda Miatas which did), I really want to buy it from the heart but maybe my head (or you veteran experienced Travel Trailer owners will give me reason I should NOT buy it, OTHER than the price.)
22 REPLIES 22

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
You will get tired of reconfiguring it constantly very quickly.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
Lil Snoozy (I mean) no wonder I had such a difficult time googling it-LOL, I DID also look at Casita which like LS and Scamp did not put their price right on their website nor even put photos of their 13 footer as if they wanted to steer people away from that. Again, it's not flexible with moving things around.

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
I googled it but I can't find smaller toy haulers with the same flexibility but if someone knows of a small toyhauler with some RV amenities, please post here.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Have you thought about getting an enclosed cargo trailer and building it out to be exactly what you need?
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your opinions, I guess what I wanted was something like a toy hauler and small, a friend of mine has the Thor Wanderer (and look at many but they all seem to large). What I like is the kitchenette is self contained (a burner is good enough) so I do not have to worry about waterlines and such, and for that reason do not mind an outdoor type of shower. I want to keep things SIMPLE. I wanted to put a Elf or a Pedalist in there which I can do by moving the cubes around organictransit.com or a http://pedalistcycles.com/ but the Elf is too wide. Have been googling but does anyone know of a short toy hauler? Oh BTW, Happier is VERY transparent, Little Suzy and Scamp are hard to find the prices and the size is right but since everything is built in, can not move stuff arond..
So what I need is a toy hauler but they are too big.

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
For the individuals that tow with smaller vehicles like dramatized in the video, seems like a good alternative. I've sat in one of these and it is more spacious than say the back of a Honda Element or 7 passenger SUV. It still looks like it'd be quicker to setup than a traditional tent. It was interesting to move all the cubbies around. Each cube is hollow and can store stuff, so you can pack something in all those cubbies and strategize to leave some cubbies outside and such. didn't like the idea of no toilet though, but this is a niche product aimed at those that want something easier and sturdier than a tent with some basic conveniences. I'd prefer this travel trailer over the small tear drop trailers that are on the market, where you're forced to cook outside in the weather or don't really have the option of a nice awning.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Personally; My two must-have for a trailer are a bed that is fixed and needs no set up, and a bathroom. The Happier camper offers neither of those things. If I'm going to play the "what's living in this vault toilet?" game and sleep on foam on top of a modular platform... I'll just camp in the back of my car. (Subaru Outback with fold flat seats)
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is ugly and besides the poor cosmetics don't understand why anyone would want one. It is barely more than a cargo trailer with some modular seats/benches added.

Any of the a-frame trailers would give way more bang for the $$ and be lighter weight.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think they are cute.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Happier Camper was designed by people who not just camped in trailers, but who also rent out fiberglass trailers as a business. They thought early in the process that prices might start out in the low teens. But after all the design, creation of molds, production, assembly, etc, it ended up way higher. Even so, I think they are selling enough units to keep very busy. It's definitely a niche product. Personally, it lacks a few creature comforts I'd want, like a bathroom with shower.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
when I was in high school or college, those tiny campers would have been wonderful. I could see myself traveling all over the place, towing with whatever used car I had at the time, sleeping on the side of the road. Young bones would have been fine with hard foam seats/beds that fold down. Bathroom? other side of car works fine, and could go days without a shower.

I think this is the whole point. I think they are counting on a market segment that is much different from the "typical" RV-er.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Id be afraid of a Porta-John man trying to get in it to empty it.
Dennis Hoppert

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing is over priced that fills a niche market.

I have always considered an "adaptive" TT to be a utility or horse trailer that folks added stuff to0.

If they fill you needs, that is all that matters.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.