cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a toyhauler w/a livingrm?

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
Both my wife and I like a 5er design and want to take our 800lb MC with us on a trip, but with a TH you lose the livingrm but gain a Room. So is there a Toy hauler with the livingrm and to take the MC with us the furniture and carpet(if it came with one) would roll up to secure the MC down for travel. Ive searched but cant find any
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..
21 REPLIES 21

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
well we hated separate garage area for our monster toyhauler in that the kid was hot as heck sleeping in there cause we hit mostly 30 amp state parks 🙂 so we ditched that big 42 5'er toyhauler.

We went for OPEN travel trailer toyhauler. For us we can bring down the happy jack for the kid to sleep and still do fine on space. She has wonderful AC and thrives now instead of boils 🙂

So if you have no kids you don't have to put down the extra bed etc and can use that entire length of cargo room as a giant living room.

just a suggestion of course to see if it might fit your needs. It works so much better for us. 42 5'ver with separate garagw didn't work as good for us as our 34 ft travel trailer toyhauler open cargo plan does now. All about how it works best for you.

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are still in search of the perfect way to tow our bagger MC and have a large living space, such as a full size living room( 2 recliners and couch and a kitchen Table)..Also size/length of 34-36' would work better...We looked at some C-class RV's with the idea of a Cargo Trailer in tow, looked a Gasser A's but cost climbs fast..Still in search..
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I really didn't understand the question either. Nearly all toy haulers I've seen have a living room but it is also part of the kitchen. What it sounded like was the OP was wanting a garage that was also part of the living area maybe, non dedicated garage model. Those with the dedicated or separate garage usually have carpet that covers the garage floor so the room can be used as a living area when toys are out or rolled up when toys are in.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think part of the problem with the non-standard garage styles is the dealers aren't informed about them. Our local dealer had no idea Keystone made a toyhauler like ours. He carried the Raptor and other Fuzions, but had no idea about the 383. You can't sell what you don't know even exists.

We've talked to other people that think it is a great idea, and one couple we talked to was going to buy one without seeing it in person. In fact they traveled from Ohio to Knoxville to buy it, but it was already sold...to us.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Y-Guy
Bob E. wrote:
I can't seem to find it again, but I had run across a toy hauler that held a motorcycle in the slide-out

Those seemed short lived, I don't think anyone is making them now. Evergreen Alpha Gold was one (they are now out of business) and I think there was another. Over the years there have been several non-standard garage styles of Toy Haulers none of them seem to last long I think the market niche must be to small to support them, but some very creative ideas.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Bob_E_
Explorer
Explorer
I can't seem to find it again, but I had run across a toy hauler that held a motorcycle in the slide-out and the back of the trailer was all finished living room. It looked perfect for those that only want to carry a motorcycle rather than dedicating so much room for a "garage" for ATV's and SxS's.

Maybe someone can identify the camper.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
JAC1982 wrote:
When I hear "living room" I think a living room set up like a non-TH 5th wheel might have... stationary couches, recliners, etc. We have a "living area" in our TH, but it's just a 4 seat couch in the open area with the kitchen. Garage is separate, we have the drop down sofas/beds out there. I don't consider either one a "living room", as I wouldn't want to live in them full time 🙂
Exactly how we felt. We wanted a living room when the toys are out, not a separate room that we can use as kind of more room, but not part of the living area. We have a full size living room, with reclining love seat, sofa, dining area, entertainment center with 40" TV, and room to dance around if we want to. 🙂

Fulltiming in our toyhauler is eminently doable.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
When I hear "living room" I think a living room set up like a non-TH 5th wheel might have... stationary couches, recliners, etc. We have a "living area" in our TH, but it's just a 4 seat couch in the open area with the kitchen. Garage is separate, we have the drop down sofas/beds out there. I don't consider either one a "living room", as I wouldn't want to live in them full time 🙂
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is like most newer models. The back has drop down sofas and bed and also a carpet that rolls out. Folding table as well. Not sure what you mean exactly.

That said, it's either a garage or a living area. With dirt bikes we roll up carpet and use as garage. For camping without bikes we roll out the rug and set up table.
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

jneubig
Explorer
Explorer
We went into the dealer in July set on the Grand Design 376TH. The floorplan was perfect for what we wanted and I could carry a golf cart in the back with a little modification to the cart's roof. The downfall for us was the lack of a second exterior door. I set up a ramp for my Bassett's on the second door. We went round and round and decided on the Grand Design 395M. Great mid living area seating and we got the second door. Take a look at the floorplan of the 395.

ckduallie
Explorer
Explorer
We wanted the same thing and found the Raptor 425ts to our liking.
2016 F350 Platinum, 6.7, 50gal. Titan fuel tank, Air Lift, 24K super glide
2017 Raptor 425TS
2015 CVO Ultra Limited

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I really don't understand the question. MOST TH's have living rooms. SOME are so small that the toy shares living space.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
ulvik wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
Agreed on that Momentum 376TH. I love that floor plan, we just needed a full garage for the RZR. It's perfect for one motorcycle though.
Same boat here. But we did meet a couple that put a RZR trail in the back but it was tight and they had to crawl out the back of the RZR when in the box. But it is an option.

Eesh yeah I wouldn't be too into that! Plus the big garage in ours is a great "dog" room... easy to clean out!
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
The Montana High Country TH is one very cool 5th wheel, what a great idea having the bed coming up like that and put the garage under that,plus storage under the mid section of the back part of the kitchen...$$- now to find that option
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC