cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wanli Motorhome Tires

joezuki
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone running or know anything about Wanli Motorhome Tires (245/70/19.5) I can buy a set of 6 plus the spare for $2200.00 installed. They are made in China but I have not been able to find reviews for Motorhome use.
Joe & Carol
2000 Southwind 32V
2011 Jeep JKUR - toad
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L - toad
34 REPLIES 34

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
I'll bet that most people on this forum would chose Michelin tires IF someone else was paying for them. :B

Honestly, Michelins would be my last choice, on anything.

I just replaced the Michelins on my Super Duty, 60,000 mile rated tire, wouldn't pass NYS inspection at 28,000 miles. That was my 3rd Super Duty with those tires, the best set made it just over 30,000 miles.

Well, as stated earlier, I'm sporting brand new Yokahamas in place of the cracked Michelins I had that were only 6.5 years old and 40K miles on them. Not only that but, that coach is parked INSIDE an RV garage for its entire life that we're not out using it. So, it's (and the tires) have had the best of care ever since we purchased it just over 6 years ago.

The Michelins that were on it, were proprietary in size. 255 x 80R x 22.5". I searched quite a bit trying to find other makes in that size. Pretty darn tough to find. So, I upped the size a tiny bit to 265 x 75 x 22." and paid a whole heck of a lot less for the Yokahamas. Very happy with the results.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Bruce_Brown
CKNSLS wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
I think when my life and my family's life depends on tires, I want US Made tires.

Good luck finding that. With today's world economy every brand has tires built all over the world.

BigRed

Then when your on the road stay away from big rigs-many running Chinese made "Double Coin" tires and others made overseas.

Correct. Many many trucks run them. Double Coin actually has a good reputation. My parents had them at one point, they served them well.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Bruce_Brown
rgatijnet1 wrote:
I'll bet that most people on this forum would chose Michelin tires IF someone else was paying for them. :B

Honestly, Michelins would be my last choice, on anything.

I just replaced the Michelins on my Super Duty, 60,000 mile rated tire, wouldn't pass NYS inspection at 28,000 miles. That was my 3rd Super Duty with those tires, the best set made it just over 30,000 miles.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
gutfelt wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
I've never had a bit of trouble with Michelins. I remember one guy posted on here recently that his Michelins were 10 years old, still fine, and asking what he should do. Naturally most of the recommendations were to get some cheaper Chinese brands, even tho it was obvious he knew how to take care of his tires and just got 10 years of service from his Michelins.
I can count on one hand the number of people I have seen checking their tire pressure before hitting the road each morning. One guy even mentioned that his TPMS was going off but that it would stop as soon as he started driving down the highway.
I am convinced that most RV owners do not keep their tires properly inflated and that is what causes most of the problems. They treat them the same way as they do the tires on the cars.

Michelins are notorious for side wall cracking everyone knows that
there also the most expensive :: tires mounted and sealed properly should not need constant AP checking :: people that check AP every day are a tire leak in themselves

There is nothing wrong with checking air pressure in your tires. Tires are not infallible. While construction techniques and SOME quality control has improved over the years, the potential for tires to simply seep air, is still there. It may not happen very often but, it does now and then. I have no proof of it but it's been said that "Capillary action" is one of the reasons for ultra-slow leak down of certain tires. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I don't check mine each and every morning.
I turn on my TPM system and, see what it has to say. Many times it squawks at me for a short distance then quiets down. If and when I get around to checking them, when they're cold that is, they're always at the same pressure I set them at, the last time I checked them.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
I've never had a bit of trouble with Michelins. I remember one guy posted on here recently that his Michelins were 10 years old, still fine, and asking what he should do. Naturally most of the recommendations were to get some cheaper Chinese brands, even tho it was obvious he knew how to take care of his tires and just got 10 years of service from his Michelins.
I can count on one hand the number of people I have seen checking their tire pressure before hitting the road each morning. One guy even mentioned that his TPMS was going off but that it would stop as soon as he started driving down the highway.
I am convinced that most RV owners do not keep their tires properly inflated and that is what causes most of the problems. They treat them the same way as they do the tires on the cars.

Michelins are notorious for side wall cracking everyone knows that
there also the most expensive :: tires mounted and sealed properly should not need constant AP checking :: people that check AP every day are a tire leak in themselves

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
rgatijnet1 wrote:

Not if you paid me to use them. I would rather run six different brands of used Chinese tires.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Been running Hankook AH12's for 5 years and 30K miles, very satisfied but had an inside dual blow-out on a tire that was 7 years old and hence needed to shop.

Replaced both inside duals (other was also 7 years old-datecode ignorance on my part).

Ended up putting 2017 date code Ironman I-502's made in China. These are 275/70/22.5's and are a J rated 18ply tire. Price was significantly lower than the Hankook's which I could not find locally.

After a 2500 mile trip up to Nashville, down the Nachez Trace and thru Mississippi, Alabama and the panhandle for Florida they have performed as expected (that is , I cannot tell the difference from their smooth riding predecessors).

Ironman is a subsidiary of Hercules and is really just re-branded as Hercules also has a line of I-502 all position commercial tires.

I know Chinese tires are a controversial subject, but J rated tires for 275/70/22.5 tires is kind of cool IMHO.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
I think when my life and my family's life depends on tires, I want US Made tires.

Good luck finding that. With today's world economy every brand has tires built all over the world.

BigRed

Then when your on the road stay away from big rigs-many running Chinese made "Double Coin" tires and others made overseas.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:

Not after reading of all the sidewall cracking and zipper blowouts on this forum.
I would not put my family in that kind of danger. :E
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Some good info in this thread

There certainly is, but it never ceases to fascinate me with all these threads and with some that will swear by one particular brand as being the only one safe to ride on and all the others, sure to kill everyone on board.
There is one particular brand that seems to get the most attention along these lines and their marketing technics, must cost them a fortune and one that must be recouped from sales.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

MrWizard
Some good info in this thread
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the FMCA web site and see if they still have deals on tires for members. I got 6 22.5 tires for $2400 thru FMCA.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel