cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loud hum insurrond sound Speakers.

2_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I have a loud hum through the surround sound speakers. The HR service center said it was being caused by the inverter. The inverter output is as per spec and they say it is operating satisfactorily. Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any suggestions on how to eliminate the problem.
I appreciate any input ou may have. Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
gutfelt wrote:
DSDP Don wrote:
Before you correct others, maybe you should make sure you're correct. The Holiday Rambler Ambassador was at the bottom of the lineup.

iam not correcting anyone I simply said the HR came with good name brand inverters I did mix up ambassador with navigator my bad on that so buzz off

gutfelt, previously listed as hostage (banned), previously listed as usersmanual (banned). He knows everything and is not afraid to share. Just like a sore throat, can't get rid of him.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Before you correct others, maybe you should make sure you're correct. The Holiday Rambler Ambassador was at the bottom of the lineup.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
gutfelt wrote:
he has a 2007 HR Ambassador so it wont have a "cheap inverter"
Perhaps. He has not answered, so we don't know for sure. He's already been told that.

well unless its been replaced HR ambassadors were top of the line so pretty sure it has a top line inverter also

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
gutfelt wrote:
Perhaps. He has not answered, so we don't know for sure. He's already been told that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Hard to believe I'm the only one here who posted about the inverter itself. Easy to verify... if there's no hum on shore power, then it is almost without a doubt the cheap inverter.

But so far no response from OP.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to believe I'm the only one here who posted about the inverter itself. Easy to verify... if there's no hum on shore power, then it is almost without a doubt the cheap inverter.

But so far no response from OP.

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
It's likely a ground loop fault. Get some better cables and check all your connections.

I've used the better quality Monoprice cables with good results. A pricier upgrade would be Blue Jeans Cables.
2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
OP?

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Well, in MD11s we had a 60hz hum, we installed diodes in it. Did not stop it but dropped the volume about 30 decibels.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Long-time audiophile here.....the majority of "hums" in sound systems is because of bad cables/connections causing bad grounds which ultimately allow a 60Hz electrical signal to enter the cable and be amplified to where you can hear it. If your speaker cables are not shielded, they should be. Other causes in home stereo systems are variable dimmer switches and bad house grounds or other improperly grounded appliances plugged into the same circuit as the audio system. In rare cases, it can be external RF signals from close-by radio sources like wi-fi hubs.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Cheap MSW inverter.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bad grounds are often the cause of hums.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Low battery voltage will cause this

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
On my home system we had a hum coming from the sub woofer. Cause was a cheap house brand cable from Best Buy. Purchased a better cable and that fixed the problem.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!