cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sourdough starter question?

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We just recently moved from Northeastern California to Northern Idaho. In Plumas County we were at roughly 5000' and now are at just over 2000'... Will be starting Sourdough bread again and with my new starter will I see any appreciable differences/changes? Will I need to make any adjustments? My present new starter just isn't as reactive as the old starter.
Thanks
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
3 REPLIES 3

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Go to www.abebooks.com and you will find the prices very affordable.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Little Kopit wrote:
I haven't been doing sourdough since I retired, but in my day I found this cookbook very useful

The Complete Sourdough Cookbook
Don Holm, Myrtle Holm
Published by Caxton Press
ISBN 10: 0870042238 ISBN 13: 9780870042232

Go to www.abebooks.com, an international used book access site, branch of Amazon. Better prices than elsewhere.

That site also shows an entry which is about dutch ovens. I've never seen that one.

Thank you... May have to ask my sweetie for a CHRISTMAS gift.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been doing sourdough since I retired, but in my day I found this cookbook very useful

The Complete Sourdough Cookbook
Don Holm, Myrtle Holm
Published by Caxton Press
ISBN 10: 0870042238 ISBN 13: 9780870042232

Go to www.abebooks.com, an international used book access site, branch of Amazon. Better prices than elsewhere.

That site also shows an entry which is about dutch ovens. I've never seen that one.

& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006