Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Full-time RVing: Fulltime traveling with 5er
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Fulltime traveling with 5er

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
bacil

Currently outside US

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 12:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, this is fair answer, during my research i have already revised our target vehicles (eg. sizes and equipment).

And this making me to review even the type, we plan to move a lot, week or two here another there go exploring, still i am not keen on the layouts of MH, i find 5er much comfier and it is going to be ur residence for foreseeable future so i would like it comfortable.

But i will review them too ;-) in more detailed reserach

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW, there is a difference between FT living and FT traveling.

FT Living the main concern will be the comfort of the rig. FT traveling the main concern will be how nimble (easy to move around the country) the rig is.

Like all things in life you give up something to gain something else. Never a perfect solution. Good luck with your choices.

bacil

Currently outside US

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another one we came across that is different between boat and RV is the size of the tanks. Now i have to do it in metric Oceanis 38 has 120l fresh water and small ish grey/black water tank (60l ) that i can empty anytime when more than 5miles from coast or a any marina. Plus watermaker i am independent from land for that perspective.

But with RV how often you fill up and empty tanks and where ? how common are the dump stations and can i just get to campsite to fill and dump and go boondocking again ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Fulltime traveling with 5er
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS