Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 6V batteries in Ontario
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> 6V batteries in Ontario

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
daveB110

British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/18 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had the same rig for many years with a four 6V battery bank. First batteries lasted 8 years, changed the second batteries after 6 years and the newest are still fine. I have never even heard of someone losing a cell in good quality (or other wise) flooded 6 volt battery. Its just not something to normally make decisions on. Don't forget to check fluid levels, especially when being plugged into 120 volts, which I assume you are, if not hooked into solar power. Try to keep ussage to 50% or above, with 6V. deep cycle golf-cart style batteries. All my batteries were bought in the south. As the 6-Volt battery has only three cells, are the chances of cell failure less?

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/18 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think golf cart batteries are tougher than any other mass produced type simply because they have to be. Personally, I prefer something that's maintenance free, and most GC batteries do require some hands on once in a while. So, for me, it's 12V maintenance free or AGMs wherever possible. Preferably deep cycle, both for chassis and coach. Just my personal preference, and what I'm used to.

Mike.
Comments are just my opinions, unless otherwise stated or inferred, based on my personal anecdotal experience, and/or topical research.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> 6V batteries in Ontario
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS