cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Struts that hold engine compartment door open ??

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
The struts are to weak to keep the door up. Where can I find replacement ones. Also, is their a chart that show's the pounds or force that a strut will exert?
What are these struts called? (they're black)
9 REPLIES 9

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Got mine at Camping World. The highest prices were at Auto parts stores.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

phays
Explorer
Explorer
I bought 18 of theses from RV Upgrades. They had the best price I could find, about $10 each.

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon
2009 Challenger

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the info off the tag on the strut. AVM highway 76 East Marion SC 29571 1-800232-4AVM SE350V120AL 2963
Do Not open....High Pressure.
I called that number but got a recording offering a free Caribbean Cruise, no mention of sturts.
The last numbers are 120 I'm sure if they were rated at a 120lbs it would keep the door up, so I have my doubts if that's a rating. This is on a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution 38B.

Just did some searching and found the company, will give them a call tomorrow, thanks.

map40
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine from Advance auto parts. Same length, similar pressure, worked like a charm
Alfa SeeYa
Life rocks when your home rolls

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the part number on the strut usually the last numbers after the dash is the lb rating of the strut. -60 = 60lbs, -100 = 100lbs
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

rvjim
Explorer
Explorer
That's right.. there should be part# on strut (very small) remove strut small clip on both ends any auto parts store will have these

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
supercub wrote:
The struts are to weak to keep the door up. Where can I find replacement ones. Also, is their a chart that show's the pounds or force that a strut will exert?
What are these struts called? (they're black)

Just wondering,
What make/model/year/chassis etc? The reason I ask is, there may be other folks on here with the same coach and, have replaced their gas springs and have a good source. Also, typically stamped or printed on each of your gas springs is nomenclature that describes:

Make/model/serial and part numbers of each strut and, in many cases, the poundage it will support, i.e. 20,70,100, 120 and so on.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/