cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another route discussion

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
Heading back to Michigan from north central Florida the first week or so in May. The last two years we took I-75 and things went fine, or as fine as one would expect with that route. Pretty much straight up 75 all the way.

This year my wife would like to see a few different spots, though we still have limited time, so we are thinking of going up I-95 into South Carolina and then catching 26 to 77 on into Ohio and then hooking back up with 75 much closer to home. My questions/concerns are the actual road conditions with that proposed route. Are there specific areas that are really tough to travel or anything that I should know (construction/shut downs, etc) prior to planning the trip?

If this route is considered OK, and knowing that we will only be spending about 4 nights while heading up, are there any recommended campgrounds that folks in this group enjoy? Or any areas of interest along the way, that one could see without taking an entire day?

Thanks in advance.
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
4 REPLIES 4

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, gang. I am looking forward to seeing a little different scenery. I think I'll try the alternate route (33 and 31) through some of Ohio as part of this trip - which was noted by lewisr (above).
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
26 and 77 are good. Driven that route several times coming north from Florida or South Carolina. Only difference is we then take 81 back into Pa.

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
77 is a lot up and down back and forth when compared to 75. I like drive though much better scenery. You should take 33 through Columbus then 31 to Findlay, it’s 2 lanes but very peaceful. It’s nice to get away from the interstates.
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
We drove much of that route in mid February - leaving I77 at I81 in Virginia.

The only significant construction I recall was around Daytona Beach (I-95) and north of Charlotte (I-77). We came through Charlotte on a Sunday and didn't have any issues. On the other hand, the Daytona Beach area was a mess, but traffic kept moving.

Have a safe trip.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)