Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Yoho National Park -- Monarch First Come
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > Yoho National Park -- Monarch First Come

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
TenOC

On the road -- Full time

Senior Member

Joined: 03/08/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/06/18 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mountaineer42 wrote:

robatthelake wrote:

There is boondocking at Lake Loiuise ! Take the first right and park anywhere along the road!


I think not!! Parks Canada is VERY adamant about NO BOONDOCKING and while you may have got away with it in the past, it was just plain luck, and I would not plan on it in the future.


It is an APPROVED overflow "camping" at GPS N51° 23.230' W116° 07.787' and is about $10.00 CDN per night. No tents.


Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Mountaineer42

In the mountains

Full Member

Joined: 06/19/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/06/18 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TenOC wrote:

Mountaineer42 wrote:

robatthelake wrote:

There is boondocking at Lake Loiuise ! Take the first right and park anywhere along the road!


I think not!! Parks Canada is VERY adamant about NO BOONDOCKING and while you may have got away with it in the past, it was just plain luck, and I would not plan on it in the future.


It is an APPROVED overflow "camping" at GPS N51° 23.230' W116° 07.787' and is about $10.00 CDN per night. No tents.


Those coordinates put you at the Vermillion Pass (Continental Divide) stop along Hwy 93.
Robatthelake's comment was about boondocking at Lake Louise. From his directions it would be right in the little village of Lake Louise and for certain, no boondocking is allowed there.

* This post was edited 06/06/18 12:50pm by Mountaineer42 *

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

Senior Member

Joined: 03/08/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/06/18 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mountaineer42 wrote:

TenOC wrote:

Mountaineer42 wrote:

robatthelake wrote:

There is boondocking at Lake Loiuise ! Take the first right and park anywhere along the road!


I think not!! Parks Canada is VERY adamant about NO BOONDOCKING and while you may have got away with it in the past, it was just plain luck, and I would not plan on it in the future.


It is an APPROVED overflow "camping" at GPS N51° 23.230' W116° 07.787' and is about $10.00 CDN per night. No tents.


Different maps often are not very accurate in their coordinates (Streets and Trips or Google Maps) but those coordinates put you along Hwy 93, pretty close to the Marble Canyon campground in Kootenay National Park. There is no overflow campground there.
Robatthelake's comment was about boondocking at Lake Louise. From his directions it would be right in the little village of Lake Louise and for certain, no boondocking is allowed there.


Sorry try this screenshot from Google Earth

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

Mountaineer42

In the mountains

Full Member

Joined: 06/19/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/06/18 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TenOC wrote:

Mountaineer42 wrote:

TenOC wrote:

Mountaineer42 wrote:

robatthelake wrote:

There is boondocking at Lake Loiuise ! Take the first right and park anywhere along the road!


I think not!! Parks Canada is VERY adamant about NO BOONDOCKING and while you may have got away with it in the past, it was just plain luck, and I would not plan on it in the future.


It is an APPROVED overflow "camping" at GPS N51° 23.230' W116° 07.787' and is about $10.00 CDN per night. No tents.


Different maps often are not very accurate in their coordinates (Streets and Trips or Google Maps) but those coordinates put you along Hwy 93, pretty close to the Marble Canyon campground in Kootenay National Park. There is no overflow campground there.
Robatthelake's comment was about boondocking at Lake Louise. From his directions it would be right in the little village of Lake Louise and for certain, no boondocking is allowed there.


Sorry try this screenshot from Google Earth



That is the official Lake Louise overflow campground. For sure you can stop there and although it gets busy, I've seldom seen it full.
My response to Robatthelake's comment was about boondocking, which to me typically means staying in a completely undeveloped area or just parking along the Hwy or on a street in town, as opposed to a designated site. For sure, that type of "boondocking" is not allowed in the little Village of Lake Louise.

Powder pig

British Columbia

Senior Member

Joined: 04/17/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/06/18 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well said, Mountaineer42. You can NOT just camp along the road with your rv anywhere in Canadian National Parks, thank Goodness. There is an overflow campground a few km East of Lake Louise along hwy 1. Perhaps that is what robatthelake is referring to?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > Yoho National Park -- Monarch First Come
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS