cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well.....It’s official........

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
just sold the trailer........strange feeling seeing it hitched up to another truck leaving the drive way.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
15 REPLIES 15

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Well we negotiated on a trailer, if all goes as planned we bring her home Monday......story and pics to follow 🙂

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
nayther wrote:
Don't tow a fifth wheel or you'll HAVE to have it! However a well set up tag, that's not too big, will tow pretty well. I'm too spoiled to ever go back to a tag.

Good luck, hope you don't have to order one, our new one JUST arrived at the dealer today, we ordered it March 2, 2108.

We are looking at a Sandstorm 251GSLC overall length is 31’ which is max we can get to store here at the house.

That's my limiting factor as well, plus getting it into the driveway! My son has a Sandstorm and it has been a great trailer, about two years old, not one issue. Small one though

That’s good hear the sandstorm is holding up.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
nayther wrote:
Don't tow a fifth wheel or you'll HAVE to have it! However a well set up tag, that's not too big, will tow pretty well. I'm too spoiled to ever go back to a tag.

Good luck, hope you don't have to order one, our new one JUST arrived at the dealer today, we ordered it March 2, 2108.

We are looking at a Sandstorm 251GSLC overall length is 31’ which is max we can get to store here at the house.

That's my limiting factor as well, plus getting it into the driveway! My son has a Sandstorm and it has been a great trailer, about two years old, not one issue. Small one though
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
nayther wrote:

That's quite the upgrade for you guys. You deserve it. Good luck in your search.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
I went 5th wheel. I find it easier to tow, no sway issues, even when I'm light in the front (RZR in the back and all the tanks are empty). I also find a 5th harder to backup then a tag, meaning when you have to cut sharp and fit into a tight space - a 5th wheel responds very slow when backing. In a real tight turn you can end up in a pretty awkward position with your tow vehicle. My issues, others with 5th wheels are better at it than I am. A tag will respond immediately to what you want it to do when backing, and you usually need less room to maneuver when backing up and turning into a tight spot.

Good luck. Enjoy the process.

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:

90 years early, not bad!
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

nayther
Explorer
Explorer

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
5th wheel or bumper pull?

Bumper pull, Haven’t really consider a 5th wheel. If I did it would have to be the shorter ones like Attitude 28SAG. Hmmmmm

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
5th wheel or bumper pull?

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Wow. That's pretty drastic.

I hope you find a new one pretty soon. The forum will be pretty boring without your trip pics.

Kids are excited to shop for a new trailer.

dedmiston
Wow. That's pretty drastic.

I hope you find a new one pretty soon. The forum will be pretty boring without your trip pics.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
BT,DT. Oirs was delivered to its new owner two weeks ago. Truck is next. After 41 years will I miss it? Some yes, mostly no. We now have a house that I can see the Cascades and Coast ranges from, so Im content.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
What?!?! Where did this come from?

We had it listed ever since I had posted about it awhile back. We just weren’t really pushing hard to sell it. I turned down some offers along the way. The kids are growing fast and we just need a lil more room. Time to trailer shop again, this time we know what we want.