cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Star Tuner for V-10 Ford

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I was running the 5 Star Tuner on my 2007 Class C with the V-10 motor and 5 speed transmission. It really "woke up" the engine and made the shift points more pronounced and sharp. I just moved up to a 2018 Class A with the V-10 and a 6 speed. Has anyone added the 5 Star to that drive train? They want another $150 bucks to allow the new motorhome to accept the tuner on my current tuner. The new rig seems to respond well and don't know if spending the money will gain me anything additional.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible
4 REPLIES 4

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
My experience is different than Dog Trainer. With the 6 speed I noticed very little if any improvement as compared to the 5 speed where it made a noticeable difference. Certainly not enough for me to bother with it.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
Did you "uninstall" the tune from your class C? I thought 5star would let you move the tuner to a new vehicle if you removed the tune from the old one.

Yes I did, but when I purchased the 5 Star unit it was for the older V-10, as mine was a 2007. I called the company and they said the turner in its present state would not "read" the 2018 rig without them flashing the new program into it using my computer for a upcharge. That is why I asked if anyone was using the tuner in the newer V-10 rigs. Driving the new motorhome feels much more powerful than the un- tuned 2007 but pretty close to the tuned 2007.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Did you "uninstall" the tune from your class C? I thought 5star would let you move the tuner to a new vehicle if you removed the tune from the old one.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 drive train with the 6 speed tranny and the 5 Star it makes a difference.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)