cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buena Vista to Carbondale CO KOA

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking best bet pulling the 5th wheel would be 24-91-I70-82-133.

Thoughts & comments appreciated.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

5 REPLIES 5

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, guys. We did the 91 route and so glad we did. Long story short there was a motorhome of to the side about mile 15 so we pulled over also to take a break. Seems they are broken down and cannot get cell signal. So we took all the info and called their AAA when we got signal about 4 miles north. AAA took all the info and said they would take care of it. We may or may not hear another thing or the outcome. Ya know what - makes no difference; we smiled all the way to Carbondale. Well, almost --- that darn net intersection in Glenwood Springs!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Lauren wrote:
That would be the route. Only pass is Tennessee Pass and coming from the south it's a gentle grade all the way from BV. There are a few switchbacks on the down grade but nothing very tough and all are well marked ahead of time.

Interestingly enough, if we're in our car, it takes as long to go over Independence Pass as it does to do the route you're talking about. Indy may be 20 miles or so shorter, but it's a slow go on the pass.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Lauren wrote:

Thoughts & comments appreciated.

Easy with Vail Pass and Glenwood Springs. Think that would be your route.

I'm sure you have already driven RT 24 through Minturn to I-70 in the truck - it's more my type of drive. We have taken it often as Son has Property in Red Cliff, only part that might give you cause to not take it is the last little bit from the Green Bridge in Red Cliff to Minturn. While a little steep not nearly as bad as Vail Pass - Very Little traffic and the Speed limit is Low - RT 24 Minturn to Red Cliff

After watching this grainy video - You should be fine - Beautiful Drive - goes pass Camp Hale - Aspen Everywhere - in three weeks it will be Heaven, as will all of Colorado.

Much Shorter - More scenic - Easy - and the Green Bridge is Famous and a great Photo Op.

Either or...........No wrong Choices ........Just missed opportunities.

Jealous of your trip - enjoy Colorado,

Bill

Look Marble Over On the River - go back 1 and click the links
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Lauren wrote:

Yes, that is going to be the route you'll want to take. Still very scenic too!
I love me some land yachting

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go over the mountain, shortest route and approved for truckers. Looking at your sig, are you sure you're not pulling too much trailer for your truck?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE