cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there some sort of Online Station Guide??

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
As everyone knows, when you reach your destination and set up your TV, you scan for channels and get all these unfamiliar station numbers. I was wondering the other day if there was some sort of online TV Guide that would show you what the stations are without actually having to flip through each one.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
16 REPLIES 16

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
No cable and antenna point are great apps for traveling television watchers. While I have an Omni antenna, at least I can get distance to the stations.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
MUltiple answers all based on your ZIP code

For a TV guide.. .www.zap2it.com You should set up an account go to TV Listings and answer some questions and ZAP.. there it is This works for
Antenna, Cable, Satellite (Take you pick of overpriced subscription providers)

For a listing of stations around you and WHICH WAY TO POINT. For Android phones and I suspect Incomplete Operating System (IOS) Download the WINEGARD app. Choose ANTENNA then it will show you a map, centered on you with "Towers" around you.. You can then scroll down to the stations.. You will see a strange ICON on the right.. (No indication as to what it is) Tap it and it uses the phones rear camera Hold the phone so the screen is in landscape and positioned like a photo on the wall slowly turn and you will see a TOWER Icon appear.. That's the TV tower.. Point your antenna the same as the phone

Good info, thanks
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
MUltiple answers all based on your ZIP code

For a TV guide.. .www.zap2it.com You should set up an account go to TV Listings and answer some questions and ZAP.. there it is This works for
Antenna, Cable, Satellite (Take you pick of overpriced subscription providers)

For a listing of stations around you and WHICH WAY TO POINT. For Android phones and I suspect Incomplete Operating System (IOS) Download the WINEGARD app. Choose ANTENNA then it will show you a map, centered on you with "Towers" around you.. You can then scroll down to the stations.. You will see a strange ICON on the right.. (No indication as to what it is) Tap it and it uses the phones rear camera Hold the phone so the screen is in landscape and positioned like a photo on the wall slowly turn and you will see a TOWER Icon appear.. That's the TV tower.. Point your antenna the same as the phone
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
YC 1 wrote:
This is a good one.

Interesting. Thanks
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
This is a good one.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
You can also get one of the RF to Digital converters even if your T.V. does digital, hook it up, run a channel scan and it will have an on screen guide.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we use the tv guide app.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

MrWizard
ZapToIt aka zap tv lisings

enter zip code, correct time zone dayligt savings etc..choose broadcast ,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
TitanTV and input your zip code
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I use www.antennasdirect.com select the Transmitter Locator link, enter the zip code you are at. It will bring up a directional map of all the stations in your immediate area. Scroll down the page, and it lists all the stations available where you are currently located.

Don't know the zip code? On your phone, Ask Google? ... "OK Google. What is the zip code where I am currently at?" And Google will tell you.

Need to know which way is North? Use the compass app on your phone. Then you'll know which way to point your antenna.

Need fuel stations, then use Gas Buddy for nearest gas or diesel stations to you. Includes map of your current location and a list of the service stations on the map.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
If you use a smartphone/tablet, there are several TV guide apps. Just punch in your zip code/city in settings and they will give you a list of providers for cable, antenna, satellite. Pick the one you want.

Also TV Guide
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for info!
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000