cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT Covers

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking at covers for our TT. We measure 25 feet from bumper to the front of the trailer (not counting tongue). One of the companies that make covers said this:

1. Most manufacturers are conservative with their sizing and a cover that says 22-24 feet will be 25 feet long.

2. A cover that's snug is best.

I've never purchased a cover before and wanted to poll those of you who have. The covers I'm looking at in my size are either 22-24 feet or 24-27 feet. What would you buy for a 25 foot box?
2020 Heartland Wilderness 2500RL
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Eccoboost Supercrew 4x4, Max tow package
2 Honda 2000 watt Generators
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2020: 0
13 REPLIES 13

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an Adeco cover for my 32 TT and didn't like it. It was too long and billowed in the wind burnishing the paint and roof edges on my camper. I ended up having to wrap the camper in stretch wrap over the cover about four wraps around about 3-4 feet wide to stop the billowing in Kansas wind.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
I'd get the 24-27 foot cover. It most likely will extend over your propane tanks. don't forget to use pool noodles for the gutter downspouts, door stop and bubble wrap for other sharp edges. Keep the straps tight.

Good advice! And that's exactly the size I ended up buying. Should arrive tomorrow. 🙂
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I'm gonna try real hard to save and reuse mine. It conforms to the various protrusions, but it's not sealed tight to the trailer. On top of that, this should be the first year that my 14 year old trailer won't have to support a snow load. It's survived that fine but I think it's contributed to fit and finish flaws in the ceiling panel joints.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
I just got the top shrink wrapped yesterday. I can still access the trailer, and it looks like I should be able to get a few years out of this, assuming it folds/collapses down fairly nicely next spring. Nice and snug. If it doesn't work out, I promise to complain and share.

I've always thought "shrink wrapping" was one-time only... The shrink wrap material gets thrown away in the spring.

I'm sure there is new stuff out there!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd get the 24-27 foot cover. It most likely will extend over your propane tanks. don't forget to use pool noodles for the gutter downspouts, door stop and bubble wrap for other sharp edges. Keep the straps tight.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
shelbyfv wrote:
LeBout wrote:
TurnThePage wrote:
I just got the top shrink wrapped yesterday.

I know nothing of "shrink wrapping" a TT roof. Where can I learn more?
+1 Just returned from a trip to MI UP, saw all sorts of stuff shrink wrapped. Seems to be a popular option.
I'm an amature too. I just contacted a local business that did boats.

I fabbed a peak to run the length of the trailer so water and snow would run off. The shrink wrap has heavy duty straps built in that are secure at the bottom of the trailer every few feet.
2015 Ram 1500

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
LeBout wrote:
TurnThePage wrote:

+1 Just returned from a trip to MI UP, saw all sorts of stuff shrink wrapped. Seems to be a popular option.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the ADCO for mine. It has straps front & back, high and low, to tighten it up. Haven't used it yet. The listening had how to measure your trailer. It included the back bumper, as I will be covering my spare tire with it.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The best cover you will every get is a custom made one, done by a place that does boat covers. Sunbrella material will last almost forever (if re-waterproofed) and a decent boat cover place will make it to fit properly.

Big $$$, but you get what you pay for !

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:

Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I just got the top shrink wrapped yesterday. I can still access the trailer, and it looks like I should be able to get a few years out of this, assuming it folds/collapses down fairly nicely next spring. Nice and snug. If it doesn't work out, I promise to complain and share.
2015 Ram 1500

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'd buy a Sunshield tarp and avoid the issue. Much easier to add and remove and store. Black side up in the winter and silver side up in the summer. Search for `rv cover' for more of my posts on this tarp.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got an Adco Designer Series Aqua Shed cover for between 18'-20'. The box of my trailer is 19'.

Fits nice and snug.

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.