cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Carport kit, Recommendations

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for some recommendations, with first hand experience, for a simple, durable carport for my 31' TT. Already getting cracks and leaks from sitting in the sun at the local storage yard. No covered spots available.
Dozens to choose from, maybe you can steer me in the right direction. I appreciate your time, and TIA.
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR
2012 Wells Cargo Camp Convert
4 REPLIES 4

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I went with Clearspan because of their warranty. It's 15 years on the fabric with no pro rate. I think I'm pushing 20 on my big barn and it's just like new. I keep hay in it along with my farm equipment.

I will say I had to use one of my front end loaders to get the trusses up and install the overhead door.

Both buildings have been through harsh Michigan winters, hail storms, wind and driving rain, nothing ever phases them

Here in this state, any building not on a footer is considered a 'portable' building and not subject to real estate tax, another reason why I bought them. Both buildings are resting (truss ends) on 2 x 12 .40 retention planks, tied together with 1/8" metal plates and a screw anchor in the pad, every 8 feet.

You get what you pay for as with anything. There are cheapo ones out there at Menards and Lowes but I've seen then erected and they look flimsy.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same one as spoon except I got the 12' legs. This gives me room to work on the roof in the shade

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bought mine from Alan's Factory Outlet. They are a nationwide distributor. We bought ours from there and LOVED it. Price includes delivery and installation. Took about 3 hours for the crew to assemble ours. We had to provide a fairly level foundation (we used gravel) and electricity to power drills. We LOVE ours. Mine is 18' wide, which allows me to open my slide and still have covered area to walk under. I got 10' high legs, which meant a center height of 12'8", which is enough for my travel trailer.

18' wide means that I can leave my windows open without fear of rain getting in. 10' legs keeps the carport roof tucked low enough to keep the sun off, but high enough to open the slide without hitting angle bracing. In my area it came with 3 standard anchors (basically 2' lng rebar pushed into the ground to keep it from sliding) and 3 hurricane ties (think if a really beefy dog spiral tie out) on each side, as well as additional roof bracing for snow load. Its held up well to strong wind and heavy snow in my area. We really like it, think it was a wise investment for keeping our trailer cleaner and out of the elements.

Priced one out for you, 34' long, 18' wide and 10' legs is $2865...
https://store.alansfactoryoutlet.com/18x36-boxed-eave-carport-p/18x36-boxed-eave-carport.htm

From my 4 year old research, this was the best price and best quality in my area at the time. Look into it, might be what you are looking for!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Clearspan by Farm Tek. I have 2 of them. One I use for a hay and equipment barn 42 foot wide x 100 feet long x 16 foot to the peak with a 14 foot metal roll up door. I've had that one erected for 15 years now with no issues and my wife and I put it up on an engineered pad, laser graded fill.

The other is smaller, 30 wide x 50 long x 16 high with a fabric (rip stop coated nylon heavy weight door. I keep my RV and my pickup truck in that one. It's 10 years old. Put that one up too (wife and I).

They are excellent shelters. All the inside metal parts are galvanized steel and when you buy one, it comes complete, right down to the fasteners.

I highly recommend them.

www.farmtek.com
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB