cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone own an Econ 14BB, anyone?

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought an Econ 14 BB trailer. Its a 2013 and seems to be (so far) a good unit. Its made by Pacific Coach Works. I would love to talk to someone who has one of these trailers as I have questions that only experience can answer.
Thanks in advance
Lee
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.
5 REPLIES 5

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
I crawled under the trailer today and as suspected, there are no supports under that section of the floor. When the table is in no one will be walking on it so I guess all is good:?.
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Aliner, soon to be gone.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your response, Rick. I have been wondering about the supports under the floor as in are there enough or are they strong enough. I suppose when you make a lite weight trailer you gotta cut corners somewhere. I guess I'll havta crawl under there and see what I can or ----cannot see.
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Aliner, soon to be gone.

DRKMinWA
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2014 ECON 16RB. We purchased new in Oct 2013 and just recently had a structural issue due to water intrusion.

The front cap started pulling away at the lower curb side. Took it to a highly regarded local fiberglass repair shop for repairs. They felt the frame should have more structure out to the edges at the very front for better support. They also noted that the cargo hatches no longer sealed and probably allowed water intrusion during rain.

They fabbed up some additional support brackets for the front and welded to the frame. They also replaced the seals on the cargo hatches.

No other issues with the unit. I keep a towing log and have recorded that we have towed the unit 20,395 miles since purchasing. We have spent 148 nights in the unit in the past 5 years as well.

I have no idea how that compares with "typical" usage or miles towed.

Good luck with your unit. Overall we're happy. Everything inside has been solid.
Rick & Kathy
2014 Econ 16RB
2013 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm starting to think I have a vert unique trailer as no one is admitting they own one, mine must be one of a kind.
I just want to know about experiences others have had with construction. Mine is a 2013 and had the floor replaced (I have the documents) a year ago due to damage from a water leak. So, my question is, just how firm should/does the floor feel in anyone else's rig. Ours feels a little springy under the front dinet.
That is just one but the most important question, I'd also like to know how well others (if there are any others:R) like the unit.
happy now;)
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Aliner, soon to be gone.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
It's not fair! You can't bait us with such a statement, then not tell us what can possibly be so important! Foul!!!
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel