cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Low point drain valves

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced my pex caps with these nice Zurn pex valves from Zoro Tools. No more tools to drain low point drains.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand
16 REPLIES 16

StewB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I will check the US site. Unfortunately Acklands/Grainger pulled out of this area.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
StewB wrote:
Those valves are exactly what I have been looking for. Unfortunately Zoro does not ship to Canada. All Ebay sellers want ridicules $ for shipping. Have not been able to find in Canada.

If you purchase them from Grainger USA they cost 7.23 CAD each. Economy Shipping is 19.19 CAD which comes out to 12.02 total each if you buy 4.
You might check your Grainger stores in BC also.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

StewB
Explorer
Explorer
Those valves are exactly what I have been looking for. Unfortunately Zoro does not ship to Canada. All Ebay sellers want ridicules $ for shipping. Have not been able to find in Canada.

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
I love that idea, I'm going to order some and replace my current set up. DW thinks it's a great idea also.

It's funny, our fresh water tank has a ball value and yet the low point drains do not.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I was gonna add ball valves to my low point drains this summer, but I just didnโ€™t have the balls.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I got lucky, my TT came with ball valves from the factory.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Katdaddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did this last year. So nice to not have to crawl under the camper and try to avoid the flood when draining.
Little by little, one travels far - J.R.R. Tolkien
There ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. - Mark Twain

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
mikefos wrote:
Dumb question: What are pex caps?
I would like to replace those stupid T-handle pull-up valves on my low point drains w/ something easy to install that works a lot better, and doesn't leak all the time. Sheesh, what a design.

The black parts are pex caps, you have to remove them to drain the plumbing. A PITA since it's a two handed operation.

Check Sharkbite fittings for valves to replace your pull handle valves.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Dumb question: What are pex caps?
I would like to replace those stupid T-handle pull-up valves on my low point drains w/ something easy to install that works a lot better, and doesn't leak all the time. Sheesh, what a design.
Mike and Kim
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 308RETS, TST 507 TPMS
2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, 2WD, Long Bed, Crew Cab, Duraflaps, AMP Bedstep
Equal-i-zer 1400/14K Hitch

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered a pair as well. Thanks for posting this.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ordered them Friday, got them on Monday. Now that's good service.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Just what I've been looking for! Thanks!
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:
great mod. i put ball valves on mine.

I started with ball valves and did not have enough room for them. These were a little smaller and the whole valve did not have to turn to tighten.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
great mod. i put ball valves on mine.