cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for Black friday solar sale.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
I've been searching the web for a black friday deal on solar panels, but so far haven't found anything. . I remember in prior years some members posted up some good deals here. I'm looking for a couple 180 - 200 watt panels, and an mppt controller.

If anyone sees a great deal, will you please let the rest of us know? THanks! Joel
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.
9 REPLIES 9

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve been using a Renogy pwm battery controller for several years. No problems. It doesnโ€™t like being connected to the solar panel while not connected to the battery - it rings a continuous alarm. So I put a switch on the cable from the solar panel and switch it off before disconnecting the batteries for winter.

Itโ€™s sure nice to have a battery monitor always displaying the per cent of full charge.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does anyone have any experience with the Renology Controllers? I was reading on their web page and they look pretty interesting......
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

MrWizard
on off the shelf sale install on an RV ??

thats news to me, home ,business, second home, vacation cabin .. yeah
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
You can get 30% back on your income tax for a solar tax credit.

MrWizard
$485 total, pretty good
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I pulled the trigger on some stuff. Ebay sent me a 10% ebay bucks promotion, that prompted me to search there. I found there is some black friday pricing from renogy there. I got a renogy rover 40 amp mppt controller for 129, and a bluetooth attachment, for 38 so I can mount the controller in the basement, and a pair of 200w panels for 370. Plus a fuse and some cables and parallel connectors. Free shipping, no one charged me tax, and I'll get 10% back. I'm satisfied with that. Thanks for all the suggestions!
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Try sun electric... Miami, FL
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Try https://www.solarblvd.com/products/12-volt-240-watt-solar-panel-kit/ and http://sunelec.com/home/

I saw a 240 watt panel on that site, a dozen in stock, decent price.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link, Tuna. Cheap prices on panels there, but it says everything is out of stock. I wonder if that's for real or if its a mistake. Also, shipping is kind of spendy. I'll phone them tommorrow.