cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a second thermostat

Moomba2002
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to add a programable thermostat just for the heating side of our 5th. wheel. We live in it fulltime and I have a 2 zone thermostat for the Coleman air conditioners and it operates the gas furnace but would like to be able to program it so it come on automatically in the morning. I've heard of people adding a second one but looking for recommendations and if anyone has completed a project like this. Thanks for the help.
2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k hitch
2017 Columbus 383FB
ExtremeAire 150 PSI 100% Duty Cyle on board air w/4gal. tank

2003 Arctic Fox 1150 loaded except solor
9 REPLIES 9

Moomba2002
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips I will give it a shot. Merry Christmas!!
2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k hitch
2017 Columbus 383FB
ExtremeAire 150 PSI 100% Duty Cyle on board air w/4gal. tank

2003 Arctic Fox 1150 loaded except solor

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Sure my stat has two AA batts in it.

steadfastrock
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
like the 2oldman asked, My thought is what is wrong with a programmable stat? :h

Nothing as long as it has its own power source or you are prepared to provide it with a power source.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
like the 2oldman asked, My thought is what is wrong with a programmable stat? :h

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
With a Honeywell digital, put the two blues on W and R--doesn't matter which blue goes where.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

steadfastrock
Explorer
Explorer
By completing the circuit between the two blue wires in a Suburban furnace will start the furnace. I added a thermostat to the bedroom in our Mobile Suites by using the two blue wires and it works well.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
it would be very easy to do you can wire it to your existing thermostat or directly to your thermostat wires at the furnace it only takes 2 wires for the furnace only.
i like and am using honeywell backlit thermostats they take 2 AA batteries that easily last 4 years.
the new thermostat can be used along with or separately of the old thermostats what ever one calls for heat will be the one to turn on the furnace. they are only a heat controlled switch.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not clear on some things. Can you not find, or do you not want, a single thermostat to control it all?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from 5th Wheels.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine