Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shak-what?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shakshuka.
Super easy. Super nutritious. Super cheap. With bread of any sort it's also super filling.

GRR - Great Road Recipe.

Elvis' song "I'm all shook up" keeps ear-worming my brain when I make it. "I'm all shakshuka'd up" is how it plays. You know me and music.

Here's my basic recipe. I'll sometimes vary the spices a bit to go from Mediterranean to Mexican. It's all good. You don't need to have an iron skillet. Any low pan with a lid will do. The lid let's the eggs steam.

What would be your fave spices for this one?
SHAKSHUKA RECIPE AND VIDEO.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
7 REPLIES 7

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Made it out of salsa one time because had no canned tomatoes. Still good!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
You can also make the sauce ahead and store in the fridge. Like most spiced foods, it only gets better the longer it's together. Then you just heat it, drop in the eggs and eat good!
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's good with red pepper flakes and jalapeรฑo salsa.

Magnus

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
LUNCH!!!
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
I love spicy foods. Will try that recipe next time.

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's a real fun looking recipe.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

fchammer1
Explorer
Explorer
As one who "collects" recipes, and tries each new one, (Thankfully, I have several friends who willingly volunteer to pass judgment on my efforts.), I thank you for this post!