cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BLM and Army Corp Campgrounds on a Map

AtlantaGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to the websites for the Bureau of Land Management and the US Army Corp of Engineers. Neither seems to have a US map showing all of their camping locations.

Has anybody found this someplace else? Seems to me that if the government wants to use these areas, they would at least provide a map showing where the areas are located. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide
2011 Winnebago View 24K
2013 Honda Fit
12 REPLIES 12

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
CharlesinGA wrote:
When I bought my Senior America the Beautiful pass in 2017 The lady at the Army Corp Dam project office and museum where I got it gave me a CD with the state by state list of ACE recreation areas and amenities offered at each. Its titled "Enjoy Your National Lakes and Rivers
Recreational opportunities with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers"

This web page should help you, its that same basic info and much more,

https://corpslakes.erdc.dren.mil/visitors/visitors.cfm

Charles
This is the site I use for COE, I don't think there are BLM lands East of the Mississippi. https://www.blm.gov/maps
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Forest Maps app shows many BLM sites as well as all USFS sites. USFS and BLM Campgrounds app shows most of both.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought my Senior America the Beautiful pass in 2017 The lady at the Army Corp Dam project office and museum where I got it gave me a CD with the state by state list of ACE recreation areas and amenities offered at each. Its titled "Enjoy Your National Lakes and Rivers
Recreational opportunities with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers"

This web page should help you, its that same basic info and much more,

https://corpslakes.erdc.dren.mil/visitors/visitors.cfm

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

AtlantaGuy
Explorer
Explorer
This is great information. Thanks everyone!
2011 Winnebago View 24K
2013 Honda Fit

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I frequently use the Forest Service Interactive map. I have found some really nice campsites that I didn't know existed. I think it is great that someone finally came up with an interactive map for the entire country.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Allstays lets you filter your search and they list public campgrounds.

Most of the BLM are out west, not many on the east coast or southeast. Pretty sparse east of the Mississippi.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer

Adiabatman
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for Ultimate Campgrounds

The BLM does have a map of recreational sites.

The US Forest Service has a similar Interactive Visitor Map

The US Army Corp of Engineers has a webpage that lists all COE recreational locations. unfortunately it's only in list form - no map like the BLM and USFS.

What would be fantastic would be to have all the various federal agencies that operate recreational facilities combine their resources in a single interactive map like that of the USFS. A one-stop source.

But in the meantime the folks at Ultimate Campgrounds have included the information found on these websites and many others on their web map and in apps.

RoaminRichards
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a website that I use: http://www.ultimatecampgrounds.com

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
This guy is doing a review on Allstays Pro app.
This guy mentions BLM at 8:30.

Allstays Pro
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect the BLM ones at least are hard to find on purpose. If they show up on Google maps, imagine how quickly they'd be ruined by irresponsible masses.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
There is a book that list all the USACE camprounds by state. Don't know of one for BLM but there may be one.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu