Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
dapperdan

Milwaukee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would seem to me if there is not enough room for you to get around the cup di sac, there isn’t enough for your local fire department either. That would be illilegal not to mention a serious safety concern. Bring it to the HOA’s attention and or your local fire department. I would think the fire department would intervene on that parking situation.

Dan

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doing stupid stuff to stupid people and documenting it (IE calling the HOA, if they even care) usually results in having to look over your shoulder for a while. If your story is true and they're actively uncooperative, then drop the issue for a while.

1. Check to see if the local PD has jurisdiction over the HOA/city parking laws. We had local Barneys in one HOA sub we lived in that loved the revenue from enforcing the parking "laws". Nothing gets dumb @sses to move their cars like a stack of parking tickets.

2. If that doesn't work and you know there's no cameras around, it's a shame when vehicles randomly have issues like not starting or tires that are almost flat.....
(True story, had a guy that would hunt (poach) the woods behind our houses and park in our subdivision. After a run in with both me and our neighbor and neither the fish cops nor the real cops taking any action, he pulled in for an afternoon hunt and came out in the dark to 4 missing valve stems. This was basically the only "private" place to park and access these woods, and I've never seen his truck parked at any of the other areas in subsequent seasons, so I think it worked.)

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My son lives in an HOA. He and others park their cars in the street even though the rules say not too. RV's are allowed if they're behind the front of the house and behind a fence.

I have a friend that lives on an HOA about 1/2 mile from my son. Zero cars are allowed in the streets and there are none. RV's only allowed in the street for 24 hours to load.

It seems to boil down to how much the rules are enforced.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People buy houses in HOA neighborhoods and then are afraid to ask them (and if it comes to it, force them) to enforce their own rules??? Rules that aren’t enforced are worthless, and you aren’t getting what you’re paying for with your fees. It’s always claimed that HOA’s help protect everyone’s property values. Ok, then get out there and enforce the rules!

It’s not YOU who should “go to war” with your neighbors, it’s the HOA. And the HOA should leave the identity of the complaining party out of it. Who complained is irrelevant, the rules are known to all and should be enforced.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Address the problem year round. Inform the HOA about the illegal parking and your safety concerns for emergency purposes. Tell the HOA the neighbors do not need to know anybody called. They are just out there enforcing the rules.
That way nobody knows who or if somebody is calling.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have 235' of driveway. Is there anywhere you could turn around or make a turn around area along the driveway?

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like K charles idea, I did this at a rental property,when I needed extra room I parked in front of there house couple days early. then brought the rv home. about half summer of this they came to me ,said just ask theymd move there car right away.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar problem at my previous house. Except for the HOA part, we didn't have one. My solution was twofold. generally I could manage a modified 3 point (30 point?) turn using the driveways at the end of the cul-de-sac. You mention they are empty, so that seems like it could be an option. Pull in their driveway then back out the other way.

Other option I did a few times was just back it in the whole way. I knew I could do it since I had to back it out more than once when there was no way to turn around lol.

I would NOT call the HOA. Glass houses and all that stuff, burning bridges with neighbors is generally not a good idea if it can be at all avoided.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just use their driveways. also be a shame if their cars got scratched

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

Winnebago Bob

United States

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Call HOA.

2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS