cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1996 HR Endeavor LE slide-out height adjustment

Charlanae
Explorer
Explorer
Our living room/kitchen slide is low on the rear so that it doesn't contact the outboard seal or wiper at the top and is rubbing the lower seal hard. This leaves a gap where the slide meets the side wall of the coach and where water can run in on top of the slide. In the compartment below there is a large roller wheel with "spikes" on it that mesh with holes in the square tubing that rides on it to slide it in/out. This powers the slide in/out like a rack and pinion. It is enclosed above it with thin plywood that is the ceiling of the compartment. There must be an adjustment there to raise the slide but I can't find access to it. The cabinet bottoms are carpeted and looks original with the framework sitting on it. Does anyone know how to access the adjustment? Surely there was some allocation made for it but I am not finding it. I have spoken with the current HR Tech support but this was built by the original Monaco Company before closing and they have no info on it. Thanks for any help!
2 REPLIES 2

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
On my 1999 HR Endeavor, my slide is on the driver's side and contains the kitchen. There are 4 rollers that support the underside of the slide. Two of the rollers are located in the basement bins (forward and rear of slide) covered by a black plastic box that's screwed to the ceiling of the bins. There are also 2 rollers inside the coach, in the lower kitchen cabinets beneath the sink on the floor (you might have to remove the drawers to see them. All of those rollers are adjustable and that was how I adjusted the height of mine when it got out of whack. I made several small adjustments and then observed/measured to see if I was close. It might take you up to several hours to make the correct adjustments, but I'd suggest taking your time and making only small adjustments each time.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
can you post a picture of the slide out at the outer edge long way. I do not have you unit but on my unit you can adjust the outboard edge of the slide and fix what you are saying I think. Picture would help.